Grand River Transit

Transit 20

• 4 weeks later...

new route 92 will replace the 201-202 short turns.

Changes to the 201 and 202 iXpress

February 19, 2014

Effective Monday, February 24, 2014 the 201 and 202 iXpress short-turn trips will be replaced with the Route 92 University Loop.

Route 92 University Loop will travel in a two-way loop along Columbia, Fischer-Hallman, Erb, Westmount, University and Weber during weekday peak periods. All bus stops along the route will be served. The schedule remains the same.

This service change is being introduced on a trial basis and will be in effect until Friday, April 25, 2014.

Your patience as we make this change is appreciated. Thank you for riding with GRT.

driver side cameras are coming to GRT about a dozen buses have them allready

That's fantastic. The only time I've been on a bus that's been involved in a collision was a hit-and-run. Combined with the forward-facing and passenger side cameras, it should be quite easy to determine the who and how of almost any collision.

For the amount of money we pay for personal vehicles and insurance, every driver should have a dashboard camera (which are as cheap as $50) or use their smartphone with a mount designed for dashboard camera function. There was a video, which made the international news, of a driver on the 401 in stop-and-go traffic trying to get scammed by someone who purposefully reversed into him. Not only did the video save him from a 100% at-fault insurance assessment, but the cops who arrived on-scene charged the fraudster driver after seeing the video. In a "your word versus theirs" situation, video evidence can be invaluable. Think about how open-and-shut the bus versus St. Mary's student case could have been.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you elaborate? That sounds like a pretty big change.

what i heard that all school specails will be no more in september all kids will be bused by school bus no shool passes will be handed out for GRT thats what i was told.

The school boards will be shifting bell times this fall to save transportation costs. Also, they mentioned last year that with GRT's annual fare increases, it is becoming cheaper to operate yellow buses, hence why GRT specials to Resurrection and GCI were cut this year.

I'm quite doubtful that all specials will be eliminated though. As a former student, I can safely say that GRT gets HUGE ridership from St. Mary's, something yellow buses alone could not handle. When I left, four yellow buses were used just to handle students from Doon South.

info for the wiki the 12 dose not interline with the 6 on sundays the 12 dont go to charles street the 6 interlines with the 20 on sundays.

Corrected.

Anyway, maybe we should just get rid of interlines on the wiki? GRT planners tend to change their minds faster than women.