Grand River Transit

Transit 20

Hey, it's a start. ;)

Mind you, if the merged/new 4 is what that map possibly might indicate, then it's another step to making a grid of routes to meet the eventual LRT stations...I like that.

Any idea of the route 8 changes? Is it just frequencies?

Route 8 changes on January 6th consists of a revised schedule to address serious schedule adherence issues. However, I wouldn't expect much from them. The 201 and 202 schedules were adjusted in late September over similar circumstances but this change added only a mere two minutes to the schedule. Absolutely useless. That being said, the 201 and 202 continue to operate late in all time periods.

• 2 weeks later...
Does GRT not know how to write a bus schedules anymore? I mean, between Charles St. Terminal and Courtland / Stirling, why does the 8 via Courtland have five minutes to travel in one direction, and 8 minutes in the other? :rolleyes:

Maybe the route actually takes longer, in practice, in one direction than another? Seems more plausible to me than GRT "not knowing how to write schedules".

Maybe the route actually takes longer, in practice, in one direction than another? Seems more plausible to me than GRT "not knowing how to write schedules".

Woah, wrong answer dude.

The 8 Courtland has eight minutes to travel the most direct route (inbound) and five minutes to travel the least direct route (outbound). Why? :rolleyes:

Also, try telling a route 12 customer that GRT knows how to write bus schedules. Ridiculous.

The 8 Courtland has eight minutes to travel the most direct route (inbound) and five minutes to travel the least direct route (outbound). Why? :rolleyes:

I don't know - maybe you want to enlighten us? You claim it's waiting somewhere? Is there more traffic or waits for turns on one direction? Does it take longer at stops in one direction?

I do not have much patience for this periodic refrain of "something is weird or suboptimal and therefore GRT is terrible". Everything is suboptimal, in every system. You can complain about it till the cows come home, or you can contribute to a conversation that might help others understand what (if anything) is the actual problem, its cause, and how to solve it.

I've been told INIT inside buses has been updated to show date and time information in addition to the next stop displays, and will soon show/announce messages such as telling passengers to move back.

Absolutely useless.

Are these terminal buildings?

Yes.

nope they are restraunts that are being built drivers washroom and lunch room is staying put from what i been told

Those restaurants are supposedly directed at transit customers (i.e. Tim Hortons?)

I don't know - maybe you want to enlighten us? You claim it's waiting somewhere? Is there more traffic or waits for turns on one direction? Does it take longer at stops in one direction?

I do not have much patience for this periodic refrain of "something is weird or suboptimal and therefore GRT is terrible". Everything is suboptimal, in every system. You can complain about it till the cows come home, or you can contribute to a conversation that might help others understand what (if anything) is the actual problem, its cause, and how to solve it.

to/from Courtland/Stirling:

8 Inbound: Courtland, Queen, Joseph, Ontario (8 minutes)

3 Inbound: Courtland, Queen, Joseph, Ontario (5 minutes)

8 Outbound: Ontario, Charles, Benton, Courtland (5 minutes)

3 Outbound: Ontario, Charles, Benton, Courtland (4 minutes)

:rolleyes:

As for the biggest piss-off in the entire system, here she is!

The last time I attended a PCC, I suggested that they move the westboud Columbia / Hagey stop from here to here. This would allow students travelling from the University to Columbia Lake Village or the Laurelwood Shopping Centre to wait at one common bus stop for "whichever bus comes first" instead of having to choose between the 201/31 at Columbia / Hagey or 13 at the Davis Centre. Similarly, I suggested that they move the easbound Columbia / Hagey stop from here to here. This would allow eastbound customers wait at one common bus stop for "whichever bus comes first" (7E, 31, 201). Their response: :huh:

Finally, with regards to the 2014 service cuts, perhaps GRT should consider cutting route 201 service south of Highland on Sunday. Ridership then is nearly non existent. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...