Grand River Transit

Transit 20

By construction, I meant mainly utility work/relocation. At least, I think that's what the workers were doing there today.

I'm going to assume that this is preparation for paving the thing into temporary parking for GO Transit. The Region might not actually own the Beer Store property yet, and even if they did, I doubt they would close it before actual construction would start.

They really do need to fix the URL and get it working. I'm sure we'll get some kind of announcement tomorrow and the site will go live, probably in tandem with the GO Transit announcement.

I'm going to assume that this is preparation for paving the thing into temporary parking for GO Transit. The Region might not actually own the Beer Store property yet, and even if they did, I doubt they would close it before actual construction would start.

They really do need to fix the URL and get it working. I'm sure we'll get some kind of announcement tomorrow and the site will go live, probably in tandem with the GO Transit announcement.

What GO Transit announcement?

What GO Transit announcement?

Monday December 19th, from what I heard, will be the start of GO Train service to Toronto. I'd expect that we'll see the trains arrive in town Saturday or Sunday, for the 1st departure Monday morning.

Will GRT have the "Shuttle" from Charles Street ready by then, and will the have the forethought to have a "Destination Sign" reading "VIA Station / GO Train Shuttle" (I highly doubt it!)

Monday December 19th, from what I heard, will be the start of GO Train service to Toronto. I'd expect that we'll see the trains arrive in town Saturday or Sunday, for the 1st departure Monday morning.

Will GRT have the "Shuttle" from Charles Street ready by then, and will the have the forethought to have a "Destination Sign" reading "VIA Station / GO Train Shuttle" (I highly doubt it!)

I might be wrong, but a few months ago I saw somewhere that the new date is at the beginning of January; changed from the originally planned December.

Shortest lived GRT Route ever...just got an e-mail from Scheduling that the GO Train shuttle that was supposed to start in January has already been cancelled :( . I will try and investigate the cause of the decision to terminate this service, but no promises. They had to go out of their way to change the operator's work assignment even though we're just getting ready to pick out our work for the Winter period. [sigh]

Shortest lived GRT Route ever...just got an e-mail from Scheduling that the GO Train shuttle that was supposed to start in January has already been cancelled :( . I will try and investigate the cause of the decision to terminate this service, but no promises. They had to go out of their way to change the operator's work assignment even though we're just getting ready to pick out our work for the Winter period. [sigh]

Does that really surpise anyone? This is GRT we're talking about! Another way to save a nickel! :(

I think there's a silver lining to having no shuttle to the GO station. Particularly if/when GO train service increases, this will help demolish the idea of the Charles St terminal as a center, and have more demand for buses to take people to King/Victoria without layovers downtown.

I think it's reasonable. The walk from the King/Victoria iXpress is pretty short, and that gives people the ability to travel from anywhere in KWC to the train station. Especially given that in this case parking won't get you any closer, except a very small number of spots right at the station.

Anyone know why the VIA (now GO) station isn't on the 7 route maps? Pain in the ass for visitors to figure out where to get off, and it's only a couple of streets over so it should be within the "grid" they print.

The 7 doesn't serve the VIA Station; the 18 does.

And even then you have a point.

Anyone know why the VIA (now GO) station isn't on the 7 route maps? Pain in the ass for visitors to figure out where to get off, and it's only a couple of streets over so it should be within the "grid" they print.

They probably didn't think of it. I agree that it should be on that and many other maps, and listed as a connection at the King & Victoria iXpress stop.

GO TRAIN Sighting today at Noon. Crossing King Street @ Victoria, and moving onto the siding.

Isn't it STILL a "VIA" Station??? It just has a GO train stopping at it! (I never knew the VIA station was now to be called the GO Train Station!) Oh My! How rumours start!

GO TRAIN Sighting today at Noon. Crossing King Street @ Victoria, and moving onto the siding.

Isn't it STILL a "VIA" Station??? It just has a GO train stopping at it! (I never knew the VIA station was now to be called the GO Train Station!) Oh My! How rumours start!

Wiki calls it a "Railway Station".

Umm, anyone else notice the website isn't actually a valid web address? "www.regionofwaterlooRca/transithub" Should have been an "." instead of an "R"

I thought it was something in the image taken. Did they really put an R in there? As some on here say.. A BIG "Oh My".........................

I thought it was something in the image taken. Did they really put an R in there? As some on here say.. A BIG "Oh My".........................

Yup, It's an "R" in the nonfunctional web address! OH MY! (Did you expect any less from them?)

The new GO Schedules already list it as 'Kitchener GO'