Grand River Transit

Transit 20

I see some of the ex-Cambridge high-floors have now been physically renumbered (they have long been 8500's internally, since the beginning of GRT).

So far noted 8520, 8525, 8526 at least. Are they all done ?

And what high floors remain as a whole ? 8804 9010 9012 noted recently to be sure.

Group Changes Effective September 19, 2011

Group 1A

Effective Monday September 19, 2011, service adjustments are being made to address an oversight on the Route 52. An earlier trip matching the previous route schedule is being added to ensure connections at Fairview Park at 6:00am. Work assignments for the following group change as follows:

Group 1A

Added trip from Bishop/King to Fairview Park at 5:33am.

Block 5202 now reports at 5:10am.

Also please note that new itineraries are available for:

Group 10C (16B Wed) text correction in special 9805 note (Run #).

Group 11C (17A Fri) text correction in special 9803 note (Run #).

deadhead correction in special 9851

Group 15C (17C Mon) Route 60 special departs GAR2 five minutes earlier

to ensure that special operates in front of Route 51.

Group 50C (56A W)

Group 53A

Group 53B (55B Th F)

Effective Monday September 19, 2011, service adjustments are being made

to address capacity issues on a few routes. Therefore, work assignments for

the following groups change as follows.

Group 50C (56A Wed)

Added a Rt. 7 trip departing Conestoga Mall at 7:00pm.

Block 2151 finishes at 7:33pm.

Group 53A

Added a Rt. 29 trip departing Keats Way/Fischer-Hallman at 7:48am.

Block 939 report time is 7:13am.

Group 53B (55B Thu Fri)

Added a Rt. 12 trip departing Fischer-Hallman/Highland at 7:54am.

Block 2902 report time is 7:31am.

I hate to ask what seems like an obvious question, but since I came to Waterloo, I've wondered what the small auxiliary displays in the bottom-left corner of the buses' windshields are. When I lived in Mississauga, I know most buses had them, but they were analog (like some GRT buses), and with only two digits. Oakville Transit didn't seem to have any. My guesses are that it's a number identifying the operator or specific trip, but I could be (and often am) wrong. Apologies if this has been asked in this thread before; I searched, but I was unable to find a prior answer.

Qzb3b.png

I hate to ask what seems like an obvious question, but since I came to Waterloo, I've wondered what the small auxiliary displays in the bottom-left corner of the buses' windshields are. When I lived in Mississauga, I know most buses had them, but they were analog (like some GRT buses), and with only two digits. Oakville Transit didn't seem to have any. My guesses are that it's a number identifying the operator or specific trip, but I could be (and often am) wrong. Apologies if this has been asked in this thread before; I searched, but I was unable to find a prior answer.

That would be the run box, displaying the run number.

kwbus.jpeg

That is to identify the bus to the GRT. That one in particular is route 12 run 32. which means its mainly used for the route 12 and was the 2 bus to leave the garage in the morning roughly). Not sure what the 3 is for though but thats the way they number them, same as saying 1202 I guess but they put the 3 in there.

That is to identify the bus to the GRT. That one in particular is route 12 run 32. which means its mainly used for the route 12 and was the 2 bus to leave the garage in the morning roughly). Not sure what the 3 is for though but thats the way they number them, same as saying 1202 I guess but they put the 3 in there.

I think the "3" means that the route changes into another route at the end of the line. In this case the 12 changes into 27. Having no "3" means it runs on the 12 all day. It was the meaning a long time ago, but that may have changed.

I think the "3" means that the route changes into another route at the end of the line. In this case the 12 changes into 27. Having no "3" means it runs on the 12 all day. It was the meaning a long time ago, but that may have changed.

It may also designate the time of deployment as well. From what I understand, you will see "lower" numbers (eg: "0" or "3") deployed in the morning, and "higher" numbers (eg" "5" or "8") deployed in the evening.

From what I've seen...

0x, 1x: All day non-interline runs. 1x can also be AM rush hour runs of all kinds for some routes.

3x, 4x: All day interline runs.

5x, 6x: Non-interline PM rush hour runs.

8x: PM rush hour interline runs.

800x: 200 Kitchener runs.

802x: 200 Cambridge runs.

806x: Rush hour runs. Cambridge at least, not sure if KW is also 806x or 805x.

9801-9849: Cambridge SS AM rush.

9850-9899: Cambridge SS PM rush.

9901-9949: KW SS AM rush.

9950-9999: KW SS PM rush.

I saw someone taking pictures on the street across from Forest Glen Plaza (I think it was a GRT supervisor) where the buses pull out to turn onto Strasburg. He was just taking snapshots of the front of the buses I think. Just curious to know if anyone else knows/saw and if the picture taking was just for fun or for something else :rolleyes:

Also saw a driver from GRT driving 2614 in a circle around Shoppers Drug Mart going in and out of Forest Glen. The bus was Out Of Service, but I'm wondering what that was about lol

I saw someone taking pictures on the street across from Forest Glen Plaza (I think it was a GRT supervisor) where the buses pull out to turn onto Strasburg. He was just taking snapshots of the front of the buses I think. Just curious to know if anyone else knows/saw and if the picture taking was just for fun or for something else :rolleyes:

Also saw a driver from GRT driving 2614 in a circle around Shoppers Drug Mart going in and out of Forest Glen. The bus was Out Of Service, but I'm wondering what that was about lol

Planning for an expansion of the terminal maybe?

As much as we need two extra bus bays there NOW, I'm not going to hold my breath, when the Block Line LRT station is built I would expect the Forest Glen Terminal to become redundant/obsolete. Any money spent on upgrading the terminal is throw away costs, but ya never know, with the LRT being ~6 years away until opening day they might just do something temporarily.

So you're saying they'll get rid of Shoppers and expand the Forest Glen terminal ? That would be a good idea, but what routes would we expand for ?

It actually looked pretty easy to maneuver the bus on that side of the plaza even though it's very rare that buses go there.

I still doubt they'll get rid of Shoppers and expand though lol