Grand River Transit

Transit 20

That's a very vague question, and the answer depends on your definition of "new."

Their most recent delivery of busses took place in the beginning of September, if I remember correctly. There are approximately (but less than) twenty Nova LFS busses running around with 26xx numbers. I also consider the 2004 order (24xx) to be new, but you may not.

I think that there will be more Nova LFS busses delivered in 2007.

As mentioned above, Grand River Transit took delivery of fourteen 2006 model LFS units. The buses are numbered 2601 - 2614, the first 4 being based in the south, cambridge division.

Of the 2004 Nova LFS buses, GRT owns thirty four, 10 of which are based in the south.

And yes, for 2007, 20-24 LFS units are expected before August.

Trips to Elmira, New Hamburg, etc. are in the works. I imagine it will be a couple of years, but soon enough it will happen.

As mentioned above, Grand River Transit took delivery of fourteen 2006 model LFS units. The buses are numbered 2601 - 2614, the first 4 being based in the south, cambridge division.

Of the 2004 Nova LFS buses, GRT owns thirty four, 10 of which are based in the south.

Trips to Elmira, New Hamburg, etc. are in the works. I imagine it will be a couple of years, but soon enough it will happen.

they'll probably want some 30 foot buses for that...maybe we'll get Blue Birds or EZ Riders

they'll probably want some 30 foot buses for that...maybe we'll get Blue Birds or EZ Riders

I was just wondering the other day why GRT doesn't "branch out" with some 30- and 60-foot busses. Certainly the articulated units could be used in rush hour on the 7, and the 30' busses used on routes that have low ridership at certain times (of which there are quite a few).

I was just wondering the other day why GRT doesn't "branch out" with some 30- and 60-foot busses. Certainly the articulated units could be used in rush hour on the 7, and the 30' busses used on routes that have low ridership at certain times (of which there are quite a few).

Niether will happen, The Orion 1 35 foots were found too small for the region, and 60 foot artics would NEVER make the turns in dowtown Kitchener

Niether will happen, The Orion 1 35 foots were found too small for the region, and 60 foot artics would NEVER make the turns in dowtown Kitchener

I don't understand why 60 foot artics would never make the turns in Downtown Kitchener when they actually have a BETTER turn radius than a 40 foot standard bus! Not sure if you knew this before or not.

I don't understand why 60 foot artics would never make the turns in Downtown Kitchener when they actually have a BETTER turn radius than a 40 foot standard bus! Not sure if you knew this before or not.

Its not so much the turns dontown. Our facilities are not designed to handle a 60 foot unit. We would have no where to park them, nowhere to repair them and no hoists to lift thm.

Our downtown terminal also is not able to handle an articulated bus, as the trailer would pertrude in the way of other buses, and they wouldn't be able to get by.

As I've always said, having just ONE type of bus is ideal, and makes for easy fleet deployment. Right now, we're dealing with high floors and low floors, although that will soon change.

I do agree though, we could definitely use some articulated buses and this has been looked at. I imagine they might look further into this when the garage is expanded and if and when a new terminal is built.

They do engine work there. Its common to see buses from different systems at Tomakjian...

I saw it in exactly the same spot, two times in a row, and I am fully aware that Tokmakjian does engine work. Usually when a bus from another system is there, like I have seen before, it will be gone within a day or two. The fact that I saw 9412 in exactly the same spot twice in two weeks tells me that something is wrong with it, because last time I checked, buses do not need engine work every other week.

• Root Admin

I saw it in exactly the same spot, two times in a row, and I am fully aware that Tokmakjian does engine work. Usually when a bus from another system is there, like I have seen before, it will be gone within a day or two. The fact that I saw 9412 in exactly the same spot twice in two weeks tells me that something is wrong with it, because last time I checked, buses do not need engine work every other week.

Obviously there's engine work being done to that bus (as mentioned in my previous post). They could be waiting for parts or they are busy with other buses, and #9412 is waiting its turn for repair...no big deal.

Buses need engine work whenever. It can happen to the same bus over again.

My GRT source told me today that the new Novas are supposed to have rear signs, So that everybody knows what bus they missed !!

My GRT source told me today that the new Novas are supposed to have rear signs, So that everybody knows what bus they missed !!

Finally! I've been wanting those for a while!

Not only do they help you know which bus you just missed, but they also tell you whether or not you need to run to get on that bus, when coming from behind. Helpful at those many-routes-at-an-intersection stops!

• Like 1

I find it funny how Brantford beat GRT to rear signs. :unsure:

I don't know why do small system really needs rear sign. It's not like anyone who chase the bus or more than one bus that combines the routes meeting in one place. GRT I would say they need it and it's about time.

When they got the two ex-Demo LFS, they got rid of side and rear sign. They will probably install it back during rebuild in 10 years.

I don't know why do small system really needs rear sign. It's not like anyone who chase the bus or more than one bus that combines the routes meeting in one place. GRT I would say they need it and it's about time.

When they got the two ex-Demo LFS, they got rid of side and rear sign. They will probably install it back during rebuild in 10 years.

TBT buses have rear signs (Although it has nothing to do with GRT)

-------------------------------------

http://olddean-newdean.fotopic.net