Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

12 hours ago, Phillip said:

It's probably a bit early to post this, but for the September sheet, the PCT R1s are moving to HTC. Also, the 101, 110, and 128 are moving to PCT.

Will the operations of the R4 be moved to BTC/VTC instead? Because HTC will handle 2 1/3 RapidBus routes if the R4 stays there.

10 minutes ago, Electric said:

Will the operations of the R4 be moved to BTC/VTC instead? Because HTC will handle 3 RapidBus routes if the R4 stays there.

I fail to see why that matters when the requirements for the R1 on either side the way it’s split now aren’t that many to begin with.

My assumption with the R1 is that it’s just the trips allocated to PCT moving to HTC that are involved, yeah?

On 4/26/2024 at 4:01 PM, Transit Guy said:

Alerts have been updated again, now Phibbs isn’t expected to open until mid to late May:

“Newly renovated Phibbs Exchange is expected to be fully open mid to late May. On the day of opening, there will be new bay assignments for some routes.“

Per alerts page, May 6 is the new opening date.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

Nope, all R1 trips are headed to HTC in September.

Now this is conflicting information from what Philip posted (he said the PCT R1's are going to HTC), so I think unless someone can provide a source we should just wait and see.

9 hours ago, Stormscape said:

19010 is a trial for a different destination sign to see how it looked compared to the standard orange, nothing else.

Abbotsford (CFV) all xn40's and vicinity CNG here have white signs. They could have went to CFV to "borrow" some looks.... 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2024 at 8:31 AM, Umm_FLIP said:

why does the r4 sometimes use lfs units now?IMG_7062.thumb.jpeg.dbbaf1af242aa97ecb348ba9ca7db9c6.jpeg

22 hours ago, Express691 said:

for one, UBC is in the off-season. 

Yesterday, at least four non-artics were on the R4 - I saw 3 Novas and a CNG when driving (in my car) along 41st during the afternoon rush. Last week, I even rode an LFS HEV on the R4.

On 5/28/2024 at 12:05 PM, Electric said:

Yesterday, at least four non-artics were on the R4 - I saw 3 Novas and a CNG when driving (in my car) along 41st during the afternoon rush. Last week, I even rode an LFS HEV on the R4.

That's because transit uses smaller buses when artics aren't needed. 

On 5/1/2024 at 12:10 PM, Electric said:

Will the operations of the R4 be moved to BTC/VTC instead? Because HTC will handle 2 1/3 RapidBus routes if the R4 stays there.

Yes when btc needs less of the 99 and it is moved to btc when the skytrain extension opens

• Thanks 1