Jump to content

Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)


cleowin

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...

Um just a bit curious here since I'm new to Canada,

Is it okay to carry a camera around and shoot buses?

Does that possibly have anything to do with individual portrait rights?

Encountered quite a few cases in the US a few years ago when operators asked me to delete the photo with them inside

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HarmonyX said:

Does that possibly have anything to do with individual portrait rights?

To the best of my knowledge, Canada (and BC) doesn't have rules about who you can have in a photo taken from public property. Yeah, if you've got a 1000mm lens on your Canin 1D and you're aiming it at the bus driver's face they're probably going to be kind of upset.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HarmonyX said:

Um just a bit curious here since I'm new to Canada,

Is it okay to carry a camera around and shoot buses?

Does that possibly have anything to do with individual portrait rights?

Encountered quite a few cases in the US a few years ago when operators asked me to delete the photo with them inside

I don't believe that there are any legal issues with taking photos. That being said, if you spend enough time doing it you will have operators get frustrated with you. However, you're not doing anything wrong, and there's no requirement that you delete the photo, to the best of my knowledge. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Not the best pick but they may to be adding a cross walk at KG where Bay 2 and 4 is. Better then walkong all the way to KGB at 100ave

20220222_171009.jpg

Very unlikely 

1) south crosswalk is much closer

2) evidence presented here is very unclear that it'll be a crosswalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zortan said:

I don't believe that there are any legal issues with taking photos. That being said, if you spend enough time doing it you will have operators get frustrated with you. However, you're not doing anything wrong, and there's no requirement that you delete the photo, to the best of my knowledge. 

Why would operators be frustrated with this?

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

And never do it at the west coast express platform at Waterfront 

And why is this? Is it because it's Canadian Pacific property or something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

Why would operators be frustrated with this?

If I was driving a vehicle (unless a Lamborghini or something), and someone was taking photos of me, I would feel a little weird too.

I have gotten talked to by two seperate ops (same say, both HTC), one told me it was illegal, and another told me to go shoot somewhere else. Anyone who foams or plans to foam should expect at least a few stink eyes from drivers, and a talking to from one or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, UprisingCanadian said:

If I was driving a vehicle (unless a Lamborghini or something), and someone was taking photos of me, I would feel a little weird too.

I have gotten talked to by two seperate ops (same say, both HTC), one told me it was illegal, and another told me to go shoot somewhere else. Anyone who foams or plans to foam should expect at least a few stink eyes from drivers, and a talking to from one or two.

I tend to always to photo's at the back of the bus to prevent drivers getting mad

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

Why would operators be frustrated with this?

Because not all of us want our picture to be taken.

Me personally, I could really care less but I know many that don't want their picture taken let alone loaded up on the internet without their consent or knowledge.

I do have one frustration though, I never have enough time between realizing my picture is being taken and striking a pose for the camera ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been told all sorts of things by operators that weren't happy with what I was doing, but I don't believe any of it is illegal, at least on public property. And I realize that some people don't want their photos on the internet, but I can't let that stop me from pursuing my passion.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, Zortan said:

I've been told all sorts of things by operators that weren't happy with what I was doing, but I don't believe any of it is illegal, at least on public property. And I realize that some people don't want their photos on the internet, but I can't let that stop me from pursuing my passion.

Not only that, but if you work in public, your face and identity is everywhere. I've had to learn that in my profession. If I drove a bus, I would expect that part of training would be "there's a bunch of morons who take random pictures of transit vehicles, they are just weird, let them be happy." 

Meanwhile train engineers wave happily at spotters.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...