Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

16 hours ago, 8010 said:

I’m fine with TransLink taking over the Fraser Valley transit if they keep First as the contractor because I don’t think many CMBC employees want to travel all the way to the Fraser Valley to go to work.

Not saying that isn’t a valid point, however one would assume that all the first employees would be offered cmbc employment.

Also, there are lots of current cmbc employees that live in the Valley that travel to Poco or Burnaby (mainly poco which is one of the reasons why the seniority required to work out of that depot is so high) and would love to work locally instead of travelling into Metro Vancouver

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Translink69 said:

Not saying that isn’t a valid point, however one would assume that all the first employees would be offered cmbc employment.

Also, there are lots of current cmbc employees that live in the Valley that travel to Poco or Burnaby (mainly poco which is one of the reasons why the seniority required to work out of that depot is so high) and would love to work locally instead of travelling into Metro Vancouver

Those are fair points. I never took into consideration of any CMBC employees living outside of Metro Van, and the employment thing reminds me of the 257 going to CMBC two or three years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Permanent minor adjustment to route 23 effective today:

23 Main Street Station. Regular route to Main at National; then Main, Terminal, Quebec, with trip terminating at stop 59925 northbound Quebec Street at Terminal Avenue. Effective August 16.

Stop #59929 Main Street Science World Bay #3 is now cancelled.
Stop #60250 Station at Terminal is now cancelled.
Stop #50233 Main Street Science World Bay #1 is unload only.

https://www.translink.ca/alerts

Repaving at RTC over the past few weeks have resulted in most of the tracks in the main area extending by 40 ft - from 200 ft to 240 ft.

240 shares least common multiples of 40 and 60 which means tracks can now store 4 artics/6 standards instead of the old 3 artics/5 standards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reconfiguring at Burrard Station for R5, 5, 44

R5 "temporary" stop is now Burrard Station Bay 6
Bay 8 (FS NB Burrard at Georgia) renamed to Bay 7 for the 44, 2, and 5.

Unsure what is to be done to the RapidBus Real Time Info stop.

At Scottsdale, the following:
312 to Bay 6
310 to Bay 1
EB 301 to Bay 5 (matching with 340)

13 minutes ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

A BTC R5 trips turning into 130’s/222’s? RapidBuses be on 130?

B3D9B712-94AE-4428-98C8-1D6DABB5B243.jpeg

Similar trips existed pre-Covid with 44's coming out of BTC running in service on a short 95/R5; in theory they should run with standard artics.  It remains to be seen what equipment actually winds up on the 44 tomorrow, given that some of the artics at BTC have been diverted to the 240.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancouvers Trolleys said:

A BTC R5 trips turning into 130’s/222’s? RapidBuses be on 130?

B3D9B712-94AE-4428-98C8-1D6DABB5B243.jpeg

1 hour ago, Michael Marriott said:

Similar trips existed pre-Covid with 44's coming out of BTC running in service on a short 95/R5; in theory they should run with standard artics.  It remains to be seen what equipment actually winds up on the 44 tomorrow, given that some of the artics at BTC have been diverted to the 240.

These runs that have short trips on the R5 will run with 40 foot conventional buses. That includes all 44s, and that block that @Vancouvers Trolleys mentioned above.

• Like 1

Just got word that the extra 2-car trains will *not* be running between Commercial-Broadway to Waterfront in the morning rush period.

They last ran before everything closed in Spring 2020. 7 mk3 trains have entered service since then and have resulted in an increase of service which was implemented in September 2020 and has been in effect for the past year.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Express691 said:

https://www.translink.ca/r6

Consultation/info is up for route R6 Scott Rd RapidBus

Needs more bus lanes...

The lack of integration between RapidBus and Scottsdsle Exchange is unfortunate... 

Perhaps off topic, but there was a news article today about having a fully air condioned fleet in 2028. I wish they accelerated that deadline by retiring the Olympics-era NovaBuses ahead of schedule...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Perhaps off topic, but there was a news article today about having a fully air condioned fleet in 2028. I wish they accelerated that deadline by retiring the Olympics-era NovaBuses ahead of schedule...

Are you seriously telling me that buses were purchased after the mid-2000s that do not have air conditioning?

• Haha 1