cleowin

Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

2 hours ago, Dane said:

It's not the law, but you're right, generally unions will not participate in action that's contrary to job action of another Union. 

I bet had there been a SkyTrain bus bridge, and had no deal been reached after a couple days, the bus bridge would stop. 

Exactly, there is no legal recourse, but ethical concerns between Union's is something that is taken into consideration.

Canada Line is next with their contract expiring this month, lets see where that goes.  As for CMBC and BCRTC, hopefully things will go much smoother when the new contracts expire in 2021 (CMBC) and 202? (BCRTC).

• Like 1

Here's the new route 14 timetable from January 6th.

Arguably it's a 24 hr service. Looking at Mon to Friday:

Last bus from Downtown arrives at UBC at 2.20 a.m. and returns in service at 2.25 arriving Granville & Broadway at 2.43 then back NIS to VTC

Meanwhile a new bus will be travelling from VTC (I assume NIS) to reach UBC and departs UBC for Downtown at 3 a.m.

There is only a 35 minute gap between the last departure of the DAY 1 service and the first departure of the DAY 2 service.

http://infomaps.translink.ca/Public_Timetables/159/tt014.pdf

• Like 5

Yeah, that’s true 24/7 two-way service when combined with the few remaining N17 (N14?) trips. This is a huge step forward for the usefulness of transit for shift-workers and the like.

Now if only we could see the same thing on Kingsway / King George...

So, the earliest start will now be 0300 while the last finish will be 2955.

Now I'm wonder what happen if someone activated a daypass on the 0300 trip, and trying to transfer to a NightBus from the previous day at downtown... Pass invalid because it's in the future?

• Like 1

I must say... I hate it when they use the 6-columns format and trying to squeeze all the schedule into a single (or two) pages.  It would be much easier to read if they add some spacing and use 4-columns instead.  See 143 for an example...

On 12/16/2019 at 6:43 PM, nname said:

I must say... I hate it when they use the 6-columns format and trying to squeeze all the schedule into a single (or two) pages.  It would be much easier to read if they add some spacing and use 4-columns instead.  See 143 for an example...

I have a Kamloops bus schedule. The 17 Dallas used up two pages due to showing a bunch of stops and timings. (an hour and 20 min total) 

If they can, can't we?

7 hours ago, 8010 said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/translink-trolley-buses-electric-battery

Not really a surprise but it's good to know we'll still have trolleys for another 25+ years.

If this electric trial goes well, i bet they could run half trolley and half battery fleet in vtc. (since silvertree will more likely take over the diesel portion of VTC unless cmbc has trucks up their sleeves)

So no they can't replace trolleys with batteries and not just because of the wires would come down expensively, but also because it takes a while to test a tester to replace the wires.

So just run half and half. Keep wires up but also maybe add battery/trolley mode. When batteries die the bus dashboard alerts the driver to pull over and use the trolley mode.

No need to replace trolleys.... Waste of cash and time. Cmbc known to replace something that works well now? News to me

There's an alert out for the R3 which says that the stop for EB Laity Street @ Lougheed isn't accessible and has no shelter.

It's listed as a stop closure though, so this needs some verification

====update====

Stop is OPEN, but is not w/c accessible.

22 minutes ago, Phillip said:

18049 is now unwrapped, there's a video of it being unwrapped for the Rapidbus launch. 

Link please.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://umjp9n8g2j2ft5j5637up17u-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/METROTOWN-plan.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi8vrb9vtLmAhXIrZ4KHZcRDJgQFjACegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw3dt2MMdyG45Mh5Q1UZb0FH

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't go for this design considering the existing bus loop at Metrotown Station will be redeveloped sometime in the near future. I guess it's still possible to upgrade to a similar design once the loop is discontinued.

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Screenshot_20191225-213945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.65c4c07d5af5c0b95140be772e6e1c69.jpg

There's evidence that suggests that the 43 will be running on boxing day

Yes it's running on Boxing day. I was looking at the paddles...

All westbound 41 stops have been undated from 41 UBC to 41 Crown. The only exception in 41st and Cambie. most likely because of the construction, and all of the temporary RapidBus stops.

I'm hearing "doors will open on the left" consistently at all my stops today on the Expo Line, on a Mk 1 train (086). Didn't pay attention at the right-opening stops though.

3 hours ago, briguychau said:

I'm hearing "doors will open on the left" consistently at all my stops today on the Expo Line, on a Mk 1 train (086). Didn't pay attention at the right-opening stops though.

I heard will open on the right at Burrard and Granville outbound. Mk 2 (234) for me