cleowin

Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

1 hour ago, Millennium2002 said:

Not so fast there buddy...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/more-seabus-cancellations-expected-1.5346464

So the union had promised no disruptions and yet there *may* be a complete work stoppage by the end of this week. I don't know about you, but that is one shady deflection by the union.

With my job now depending on a bus commute, I find myself on the side of TransLink. The union must have a willingness to talk about their grievances, or otherwise the provincial government should step in and legislate them back to the job.

Not so fast there buddy

The disruptions they mention in that article will be the result of the current OT ban of the maintenance workers and potentially an OT ban for drivers some time down the road. 

Unifor has also stated that they will not pursue a complete work stoppage in previous statements.  

If they do or do not, who knows at this point in time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

Not so fast there buddy...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/more-seabus-cancellations-expected-1.5346464

So the union had promised no disruptions and yet there *may* be a complete work stoppage by the end of this week. I don't know about you, but that is one shady deflection by the union.

With my job now depending on a bus commute, I find myself on the side of TransLink. The union must have a willingness to talk about their grievances, or otherwise the provincial government should step in and legislate them back to the job.

Millennium I suggest you listen to what Gavin McGarrigle from Unifor 111 talked about in his interview with Lynda Steele this afternoon on CKNW 980 what this whole strike is about. If you listen carefully how Michael McDaniel from CMBC & Kevin Desmond from Translink make triple digit salaries. Transit operators & maintenance staff do NOT make triple digit salaries like these executives do. Maybe these 2 guys & the rest of the Translink board should roll back their salaries & also place themselves in the day to day life of a transit operator. I think what the members are asking for is pretty fair. Millennium I'm sure if you were a transit operator & involved in the labour dispute I'm sure you would paint a different picture. Here is the link to the podcast https://omny.fm/shows/steele-drex/transit-strike-day-5-prepare-for-day-6-disruption

Just for the record I'm not a transit operator.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Millennium I suggest you listen to what Gavin McGarrigle from Unifor 111 talked about in his interview with Lynda Steele this afternoon on CKNW 980 what this whole strike is about. If you listen carefully how Michael McDaniel from CMBC & Kevin Desmond from Translink make triple digit salaries. Transit operators & maintenance staff do NOT make triple digit salaries like these executives do. Maybe these 2 guys & the rest of the Translink board should roll back their salaries & also place themselves in the day to day life of a transit operator. I think what the members are asking for is pretty fair. Millennium I'm sure if you were a transit operator & involved in the labour dispute I'm sure you would paint a different picture. Here is the link to the podcast https://omny.fm/shows/steele-drex/transit-strike-day-5-prepare-for-day-6-disruption

Just for the record I'm not a transit operator.  

Also the union is demanding a 15% wage increase over four years so it's competitive to other Canadian transit agencies. TTC is at $35, ETS is $36.09 hourly. CMBC is at $32.61 hourly. The union also noted that the Translink executives gave themselves a 25% salary increase this year. They said they will escalate and eventually end in a full work stoppage. 

• Like 3

Agree 100%

It's a dispute, keep it civil and work together in finding the middle ground to agree upon.

• Like 2

One thing that needs to be fixed is the search function for routes on that trip planner.   All the routes seem to be listed with the whole three digit number, and it will only match the exact order you type in.  So, if you enter 7 in the search bar, it will list all the Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge routes (since they start with 7), but won't suggest the 7 Dunbar/Nanaimo since it is listed as 007.  To find the 7, you have to enter the first two zeros in the search bar. 

2 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

One thing that needs to be fixed is the search function for routes on that trip planner.   All the routes seem to be listed with the whole three digit number, and it will only match the exact order you type in.  So, if you enter 7 in the search bar, it will list all the Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge routes (since they start with 7), but won't suggest the 7 Dunbar/Nanaimo since it is listed as 007.  To find the 7, you have to enter the first two zeros in the search bar. 

Probably easier to find it from the right side "Route" panel... took me a while to find it though.

Maybe the panel should be expanded by default.

I want this strike to end so that no extra cars end up on the road making congestion worse. 

im all on the bus driver side though, give them what they want and call it a day

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cleowin said:

I want this strike to end so that no extra cars end up on the road making congestion worse. 

im all on the bus driver side though, give them what they want and call it a day

I do think the correct outcome is somewhere in the middle — I’d probably impose CMBC’s last wage offer, but without the benefits cuts, and accept Unifor’s demands on scheduling and other non-monetary issues — but there wouldn’t have been a 99% vote in favour of job action if CMBC management weren’t royally screwing around their employees.

• Like 1

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

PCTC seems like the next part of CMBC that will be on strike. Most if not all of their maintenance bays are full.

My thoughts to those in PCTC covered areas.

Also, we’re going to have to brace; especially with this lineup for Cap U.

D3BE620B-C7CD-4A17-AE65-FDBEC800593D.jpeg

How does that website do "real time" SkyTrain tracking? Hopefully the T-COMM website will addd the SeaBus and SkyTrain info so we can all know if we are getting a Mark I, II, or III and what number train

1 hour ago, Mac Write said:

How does that website do "real time" SkyTrain tracking? Hopefully the T-COMM website will addd the SeaBus and SkyTrain info so we can all know if we are getting a Mark I, II, or III and what number train

Aprroximate location based off of their internal scheduling. It's not actually real time.

1 hour ago, Evan Hancock said:

Horrible out on the north shore and massey tunnel area today. One step closer to a full strike. All 239s are dark blue (extemely late) on Tcomm.

EB1531BE-8D55-4CE7-9CD3-D0561B28FAFF.png

The Union has not even taken the next step in job actions so no,  it is not a step closer to a full shutdown. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

Bonus points to CMBC for pulling out an extra 620 (15014) last evening despite the strike.

Overtime. Just like the bus bridge that was put in place to cover the cancelled SeaBus sailings - overtime replacing overtime to keep people moving. This is one of the messages of the strike, without employees working overtime, the system would not work. Bonus points to the employees. 

• Like 4

Seabus schedule for tomorrow & Tuesday will be reduced significantly. Service will be 6am-9am 15 minute service, 9am-3pm 30 minute service, 3pm-9pm 15 minute service, 9pm - end of service 30 minute service. 

5 hours ago, dover5949 said:

Seabus schedule for tomorrow & Tuesday will be reduced significantly. Service will be 6am-9am 15 minute service, 9am-3pm 30 minute service, 3pm-9pm 15 minute service, 9pm - end of service 30 minute service. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/6180324/metro-vancouver-transit-dispute-seabus-service-cuts/?utm_source=%40globalbc&utm_medium=Twitter

Reinstated: Only 4 morning cancellations on Monday. Not sure about Tuesday.

11 hours ago, Express691 said:

For the first time during the strike, the alerts for cancellations are being posted for the following morning.

I believe those are the scheduled overtime trips iirc.

When did the SeaBus change to leaving on the 5's? Used to be 2, 17, 32, 47 minutes past the hour for decades. 

I also noticed when I was visiting last week that the North Shore routes at Phibbs also went to 15, 30, 45 etc vice the 17, 32... 

Obviously this is a HUGE change 😂

Coquitlam Central Station

Rapid Bus R3 will use Bay 7... 159, 160 will move from Bay 7 to Bay 1; 171, 172 will move from Bay 1 to new Bay 13; 173, 174 will move from Bay 1 to new Bay 14.

January Service Change

- Due to new trip planning system, detailed info is no longer available.

R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 - Rapid Bus and associated changes.  Yes, R2 is added to the schedule so it may start before the sheet ends.  245 is not in the schedule though.

68 - Renamed to "UBC Exchange / Wesbrook Village"

70 - Merged into 68

804 - Cancelled?

807 - Cancelled?

2 hours ago, nname said:

Coquitlam Central Station

Rapid Bus R3 will use Bay 7... 159, 160 will move from Bay 7 to Bay 1; 171, 172 will move from Bay 1 to new Bay 13; 173, 174 will move from Bay 1 to new Bay 14.

January Service Change

R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 - Rapid Bus and associated changes.  Yes, R2 is added to the schedule so it may start before the sheet ends.  245 is not in the schedule though.

68 - Renamed to "UBC Exchange / Wesbrook Village"

70 - Merged into 68

804 - Cancelled?

807 - Cancelled?

Route 807 was cancelled and merged into the 562 in September

4 hours ago, nname said:

January Service Change

804 - Cancelled?

Check the 335 or 341 (I bet it got taken over by either route)

4 hours ago, nname said:

245 is in round 2 of transit network review along with the 222 so that makes sense

4 hours ago, nname said:

January Service Change

...unless we can figure out the URL codes in the near future 😉