cleowin

Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

why is translink thinking put the 480 to peak hours when the canada line cant handle the load it has already then forcing more people on R4 when the 480 can help ease pain of loss of route 41 to ubc

1 hour ago, dre said:

why is translink thinking put the 480 to peak hours when the canada line cant handle the load it has already then forcing more people on R4 when the 480 can help ease pain of loss of route 41 to ubc

Translink argues that new Canada Line trains are coming in (in fact, 2 trains/4 cars came in this week)

R4 also has an increase to 3-6 minutes peak

And considering how Bridgeport is just a transport station, some argue that one would have to take another train anyways to get into Richmond proper

1 minute ago, Evan Hancock said:

Well at least I live near a 255 stop; which WVMT doesn’t plan on striking as of now. So in a pinch, I can use that and the 250 to get to Downtown

Thank you for posting this valuable piece of information. It warms my heart to know that you still have a reliable means of getting downtown.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Update per Translink. 
No bus or Seabus past 8:00pm tonight

E4A34CC8-F959-409A-8888-4A2C525C5734.thumb.jpeg.b3b1608f4e46a224358de3b4cb9716a1.jpeg

Will there be any service tomorrow or is it just the night cancelled? Anyone know about the nightbus service after midnight?

9 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Update per Translink. 
No bus or Seabus past 8:00pm tonight

E4A34CC8-F959-409A-8888-4A2C525C5734.thumb.jpeg.b3b1608f4e46a224358de3b4cb9716a1.jpeg

This is a fictitious posting.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Seabus cancellations continue today as we have 30 minute frequency from both terminals

It's only been one day without maintenance overtime and service is already getting worse... I guess this is what happens when TL/CMBC refuses to pay the $680 million that the union is asking for

• Like 1

Not sure how official this is because the information comes from a realtor, but apparently a new bus loop has been added to future development plans for the River District. I'm assuming this will be a future improvement over the planned layover area at Sawmill Crescent.

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

Not sure how official this is because the information comes from a realtor, but apparently a new bus loop has been added to future development plans for the River District. I'm assuming this will be a future improvement over the planned layover area at Sawmill Crescent.

I wouldn't be surprised. South Burnaby/Southeast Vancouver is in need of a loop between Marine Dr Stn and 22nd Stn, at least until the existing rail line there gets passenger rail running on it.

It's a good location, with the highest density along the Marine Dr corridor between Cambie and New West, and is well positioned to connect all the current N-S services there (26, 29, 116, 146 and maybe 20 depending on what happens with the future B-line/Rapidbus)

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 9:56 AM, maege said:

I wouldn't be surprised. South Burnaby/Southeast Vancouver is in need of a loop between Marine Dr Stn and 22nd Stn, at least until the existing rail line there gets passenger rail running on it.

It's a good location, with the highest density along the Marine Dr corridor between Cambie and New West, and is well positioned to connect all the current N-S services there (26, 29, 116, 146 and maybe 20 depending on what happens with the future B-line/Rapidbus)

The 407 could also be extended to the River District once the split happens as the 407e (I'm just gonna assume it's going to be called the 409) will only be about 10km long. However, the Knight Street Bridge is a major issue even if the route is split, but it would provide all-day service to the Canada Line. I'd assume some priority measures would be implemented along Bridgeport Road (and possibly Knight Street Bridge) for the Richmond to Expo Line RapidBus if the route ends up being a replacement for the 430 instead of another proposed routing I've seen where it travels to 22nd Street Station.

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

I'd assume some priority measures would be implemented along Bridgeport Road (and possibly Knight Street Bridge) for the Richmond to Expo Line RapidBus if the route ends up being a replacement for the 430 instead of another proposed routing I've seen where it travels to 22nd Street Station.

I have the sense that the RapidBus will likely route close to the 410 routing, instead of the 430, based on what I've seen/heard from people at Translink.

So just to clerify:

How likely is it that because of the strike, Translink will have absolutely no buses or seabuses running?

If this is the case, there are the following free shuttles as far as I know:

Tsawwassen Mills to: Bridgeport/Downtown, Scott Rd Station, and KPU Surrey.

Capilano Suspension Bridge shuttle from Cap Suspension Bridge to Canada Place.

YVR Airport Station to Pacific gateway hotel - useful for access to PAFN and BCIT

Richmond automall shuttle from Brighouse to the automall with select trips via Lansdowne

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

So just to clerify:

How likely is it that because of the strike, Translink will have absolutely no buses or seabuses running?

A system-wide shutdown won't happen according to the union.

1 hour ago, DJ1400 said:

all the bus drivers are wearing their own formal shirts in service recently

because of the strike. 

There have been some drivers with quite the "uniform" such as @MCW Metrobus

14 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

I seen even transit police (cmbc) has only utility belt and Street clothes

Sound like plain cloths police. 

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

A system-wide shutdown won't happen according to the union.

Not so fast there buddy...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/more-seabus-cancellations-expected-1.5346464

So the union had promised no disruptions and yet there *may* be a complete work stoppage by the end of this week. I don't know about you, but that is one shady deflection by the union.

With my job now depending on a bus commute, I find myself on the side of TransLink. The union must have a willingness to talk about their grievances, or otherwise the provincial government should step in and legislate them back to the job.