Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

5 minutes ago, Mac Write said:

When are the 2006 D40LFR due to retire, and what buses are next on the chopping block. Also is Translink still on the 17-year life-cycle for buses to be in service?

The remaining D40LF's & the Orion V's. I think the 2006 D40LFR's have 1 or 2 years left?

5 hours ago, Mac Write said:

When are the 2006 D40LFR due to retire, and what buses are next on the chopping block. Also is Translink still on the 17-year life-cycle for buses to be in service?

I think in 4 years we're due for new trolleys, 40 and 60ft. (NFI XT40 and XT60?) These would replace the current E40LFRs and E60LFRs.

Ā 

Think it's somewhere in here:

http://www.metrovancouver.org/boards/IntergovernmentFinance/FIC_2021-Nov-10_PPT.pdf

Page 13

• 3 weeks later...

Port Coquitlam Transit Centre will be undergoing a number of renovations/upgrades starting in spring 2023.Ā  One of the upgrades is two Hoists and a Wash Bay that can accommodate Double Decker buses, so expect the 555 to transfer back to PTC at some point in the future.Ā Ā 

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Phillip said:

Port Coquitlam Transit Centre will be undergoing a number of renovations/upgrades starting in spring 2023.Ā  One of the upgrades is two Hoists and a Wash Bay that can accommodate Double Decker buses, so expect the 555 to transfer back to PTC at some point in the future.Ā Ā 

Thank God, it'll finally put an end to those 555 rumours every single freaking sign upĀ ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phillip said:

I hear you ?

I've also hear rumors about Hamilton getting DD's too.

ec4d1c0bc34159496d11128487e052ee.gif

3 minutes ago, Busmanic92 said:

That would likely be true. The 340 shouldn't run all the way from rtc. This issue should have been fixed at start...... ???

What issue? Ā  There are "X" amount of runs and only "X" amount of parking spaces at various depots, running long deadheads is inevitable - let alone it costs money to build/retrofit a garage/depot for a specific type of bus and funding is done on a year to year basis based on priorities.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, Cathay 888 said:

If Hanilton getting DD, I think 301 might go there as well~~

I know 340 and 555 will go there. And when pctc Ā can accommodate dd's then the 555 can go from htc to pctc.Ā 

Ā 

I know pctc needs upgrades in order to use dd's. Only time will tell when

1 hour ago, Busmanic92 said:

I know 340 and 555 will go there. And when pctc Ā can accommodate dd's then the 555 can go from htc to pctc.Ā 

Ā 

I know pctc needs upgrades in order to use dd's. Only time will tell when

PTC is undergoing DD capable retrofits this year as posted 8 posts above yours. Not sure where you heard the 555 going to HTC from.

On 1/9/2023 at 1:31 PM, Cathay 888 said:

If Hanilton getting DD, I think 301 might go there as well~~

Not that I'm saying the 301 wouldn't go to HTC, but from an operational standpoint, there would be little benefit unlike the 340.

Ā 

But since rumours are the name of the game, the 555 is actually going to VTC. Ā Translink is adding overhead wire all along Hwy 1 and it will be run with triple decker trolley buses. Ā I heard it via "internal" sources.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Ā 

1 hour ago, 9924 said:

But since rumours are the name of the game, the 555 is actually going to VTC. Ā Translink is adding overhead wire all along Hwy 1 and it will be run with triple decker trolley buses. Ā I heard it via "internal" sources.

??

• 2 weeks later...

Per Mayor's Council, "in April, the launch of a new limited stop, peak-only service, 80 River District/Marine Drive Station, is planned."

Source: Ā https://www.translink.ca/-/media/translink/documents/about-translink/governance-and-board/council-minutes-and-reports/2023/january/agenda_mayors_council_public_meeting_jan_2023.pdf

• Thanks 1

Probably VTC will get that

On 12/13/2022 at 5:48 PM, 9924 said:

Thank God, it'll finally put an end to those 555 rumours every single freaking sign upĀ ?

Think 301 will stay in RTC since brighouse is like downtown richmond and its close to where the drivers swap and 340 is not as bad as the 555 deadhead