Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

On 8/3/2022 at 1:33 AM, Express691 said:

From internal source (also could be available on GTFS for those who can program) 
Service changes effective Monday September 5:

Seasonal routes/extensions: Last runs for these routes will be September 5.
School stuff returns September 6

Permanent: (Source states the increase but is not explicit, however it's safe to assume 1 more bus/hour)
100 Increase layover time for Battery Electric Bus charging (specific blocks)
104 Additional Saturday AM trip
106 PM Peak increase 
116 AM and PM Peak increase
128 AM and PM Peak increase
174 Additional PM school trip*
187 Additional AM and PM school trip*
323 Additional Saturday AM trip
430 PM Peak increase
601 M-F Midday service increase
640 AM Peak increase (now for this I think it's safer to assume return of 640 Tilbury trips rather than add trips per direction).

Routes that will readjust frequency (add peak trips at the cost of off-peak/early/late trips)
R4 25 49 211

Routing changes:
28 All SB AM trips begin at Phibbs Exchange
151 discontinue Centennial PM special and renumber to 153 Coquitlam Central, extend start to Porier at King Albert
173/174/175 Formal discontinuation of McAllister routing, route via Maple, Bury, Wilson. Discontinue service along McAllister Avenue and along Mary Hill Road.

* - forgot to mention when initial post was made

I think your source also uses the official TransLink language.  "Adjustment" actually means "reduction"

Adding more details:

25 - Late PM peak/early reduce to every 15min (from 10-12min), minor adjustment all days, net loss of 2-3 trips
28 - First 2 weekday and 1 weekend trip begin at Phibbs instead of Boundary

Weekday, westbound - PM peak reduce to every 6-9min (from 5min), early evening reduce to every 12min (from 10min), loss of 13 trips
Weekday, eastbound - All but 1 trips from Langara removed, loss of 9 trips
Sunday - Late morning increase to every 12min (from 15min, 1 trip)

100 - AM peak increase to every 7-12min (from 12min, 2 trips); Sat additional northbound service at 6:10am (1 trip)
106 - Early PM peak increase to every 12min (from 15min, 1 trip)
116 - AM peak westbound increase to every 10min (from 12min, 2 trips); PM peak eastbound increase to every 8-12min (from 10-15min, 3 trips)
128 - AM/PM peak increase to every 15min (from 20min, 6 trips)
211 - PM peak increase to every 15min eastbound (from 30min, 2 trips), AM peak adjustment westbound; Additional trip to/from Burrard late afternoon Mon-Sat
323 - Sat additional northbound trip at 5:48am (1 trip)
430 - PM peak increase to every 12min (from 15min, 3 trips)
601 - Early PM peak increase to every 15min southbound (from 30min, 1 trip)
640 - AM peak Tilbury trip every 15min, Ladner trip reduce to every 15min (from 10min), net increase of 5 trips

R4
Weekday, westbound - AM peak adjustment to every 3-5min (from 4min), early PM reduction to every 6-8min (from 4min), net loss of 11 trips
Weekday, eastbound - minor adjustment all day and net gain of 1 trip
Saturday - morning reduce to every 15min (from 10min), midday to every 10min (from 8min), net loss of 20 trips
Sunday - morning reduce to every 15min (from 12min), midday to every 12min (from 10min), net loss of 16 trips

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Express691 said:

SkyTrain Skybridge phase 2 construction/Single Tracking is due for completion Friday Night; 2 days earlier than the scheduled end time of Sunday August 21.

Earlier the better. Long as the work wasn't rushed and doesn't fall apart lol. Then it's great to hear!

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 10:57 AM, Express691 said:

Service changes are now live on TransLink website

https://www.translink.ca/schedules-and-maps/service-changes

Noticed 84 rollbacks are not planned for reinstatement next sheet. I'd argue it's still a net increase in service since the start of Spring semester exams at UBC (2nd week April). By then you still had the occasional Nova HEV.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Express691 said:

Per alerts page:

351 new routing: Route from Oxford at Vine, to Vine (layover at the pickleball courts) then Anderson, North Bluff, 152 Street to regular route. The portion on Thrift is being eliminated.

Any ideas why? The 350 will still route via Thrift, so I'm confused why the 351 won't. 

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

351 terminus routing is altered AGAIN, it's the new layover, Alexander, North Bluff, then, resume old route (Oxford, thrift, Johnston etc etc)

I am looking at a map and I cannot for the world of me find this fabled Alexander (road? ave? st? way? blvd? runway? train tracks?)

10 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

I am looking at a map and I cannot for the world of me find this fabled Alexander (road? ave? st? way? blvd? runway? train tracks?)

It's not just you, I used to live in WR and couldn't even figure out where it was.

Photo source: Google Maps under fair use

351_South_Terminus.png

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

Correction* ANDERSON -.- Got the names mixed up.

But yeah it circles around the new layover and back in on itself, then continues the old routing via Oxford, Thrift, Johnson, 152nd.

Where was the old layover for timing along the Thrift loop route? 

Looking at the 145's Sunday schedule, and I have some thoughts.  From start of service until about 8:30pm the 145 is every 20 minutes, then it drops to every 30 minutes.  But, it uses the same number of buses.  During the daytime each bus gets 40 minutes for a round trip plus layover, but this gets lengthened to 60 minutes at night.  So, Translink could run the 145 every 20 minutes until the end of service with no increase in costs by keeping the buses on the daytime schedule into the night.

• Like 1