Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

57 minutes ago, InfiNorth said:

"there's a bunch of morons who take random pictures of transit vehicles, they are just weird, let them be happy." 

Would you rather have a gun pointed at your bus?  Um..thought so... let the bus spotters take their photos.  Documenting the present for the future. 50 - 60 years ago, people like Doug Cowan and Colin Hatcher probably never dreamed that their photos would be so widely shared in books and such.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Express691 said:

Thanks for flagging this! One interesting piece I found in the "2020 Access Transit Users’ Advisory Committee Annual Report" portion:

Bus Onboard Passenger Displays

During the summer, members of the committee were asked to review new prototype onboard passenger displays for conventional buses. As a result of this review, CMBC was able to choose a preferred vender and make necessary adjustments to the new displays prior to purchasing them for new coaches. The new displays will be introduced when new busses are purchased and put into service over the next few years.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, neopasturquoise said:

BC Transit Route 66 Fraser Valley Express (FVX) bus stop at Lougheed Town Centre Station.

20220320_153902.jpg

20220320_153927.jpg

20220320_153912.jpg

I'm curious where they're pulling the extra hours from in terms of operators and vehicles. This is so long overdue. I would hope that eventually we get some park-and-rides that aren't in miserable core areas.

2 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

I'm curious where they're pulling the extra hours from in terms of operators and vehicles. This is so long overdue. I would hope that eventually we get some park-and-rides that aren't in miserable core areas.

Lickman park and ride is technically the industrial area of Chilliwack. And whenever i go that far there's usually not many or none getting off the bus. Luckacuck way is like a busy stop. People get off there  and get on quite frequently. 

Really should move that lickman stop and put it a few blocks down. Upgrade the roads so passengers can safely get on And off. 

But the rest of this is for bc transit Chilliwack page. 

April 2022 Service Change

19 - SAT/SUN late evening service every 15min (from 20min)
49 - Additional weekday late morning EB short-turn from Langara
99 - Additional SAT eastbound service at 3am
187 - Weekday 1 additional PM peak trip
209 - SUN last WB trip extends to Burrard
226 - SAT/SUN every 30min service to Lynn Canyon Park, 12-7pm
403 - Weekday NB evening service every 15min (from 20min)
405 - Weekday last NB "Five Road" trip removed (start from Bridgeport)
410 - Weekday 1 additional late morning peak trip
412 - Weekday morning service every 15min (from 12min), midday every 40min (from 35min), SAT every 40min (from 30min)
418 - Weekday morning service every 15min (from 20min), earlier PM peak start
503 - Weekday service reduction (1-3 trips), SAT late afternoon improvement (1 trip)
531 - Weekday early PM service every 20min (from 30min)
601 - Weekday NB early PM improvement (1 trip)
743 - SUN service every 45min (from 60min)
R5 - SAT additional late night trip
N24 - SUN additional SB Lonsdale Quay trip

Millenium Line - EB early morning train start from Coquitlam Central instead of Lougheed; Late night WB train to Lougheed cancelled

Seasonal increase
23, 42, 150, 179, 211, 212, 226, 236, 620

Seasonal reduction

Surprisingly, there is now (almost) no season reduction for 143 and 145.  150 will retain the 30min service introduced last year

• Like 2

12 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

This service change has been deferred for over a year, and at this point it's political. The other Fraser Valley conventional systems are going to be in bad shape for the next while.

7 hours ago, nname said:

April 2022 Service Change

19 - SAT/SUN late evening service every 15min (from 20min)
49 - Additional weekday late morning EB short-turn from Langara
99 - Additional SAT eastbound service at 3am
187 - Weekday 1 additional PM peak trip
209 - SUN last WB trip extends to Burrard
226 - SAT/SUN every 30min service to Lynn Canyon Park, 12-7pm
403 - Weekday NB evening service every 15min (from 20min)
405 - Weekday last NB "Five Road" trip removed (start from Bridgeport)
410 - Weekday 1 additional late morning peak trip
412 - Weekday morning service every 15min (from 12min), midday every 40min (from 35min), SAT every 40min (from 30min)
418 - Weekday morning service every 15min (from 20min), earlier PM peak start
503 - Weekday service reduction (1-3 trips), SAT late afternoon improvement (1 trip)
531 - Weekday early PM service every 20min (from 30min)
601 - Weekday NB early PM improvement (1 trip)
743 - SUN service every 45min (from 60min)
R5 - SAT additional late night trip
N24 - SUN additional SB Lonsdale Quay trip

Millenium Line - EB early morning train start from Coquitlam Central instead of Lougheed; Late night WB train to Lougheed cancelled

Seasonal increase
23, 42, 150, 179, 211, 212, 226, 236, 620

Seasonal reduction

Surprisingly, there is now (almost) no season reduction for 143 and 145.  150 will retain the 30min service introduced last year

Is that all?

10 hours ago, UprisingCanadian said:

Seems like literally nothing changed pretty much, except for the 226

Yes, other than 226, 412, and M-Line, the most change out of any route, any direction for any date is 3 trips.

412 had 5 trips removed on Saturdays.

The only other ones really worth mentioning are the 418 and 743 improvements (3 trips added).  Most other ones only have one trip difference, or running time adjustments, or downtown terminus change.

Interesting, 226 is a recycled number, which makes sense as it fits the current numbering scheme quite well. 

It had been the 226 St Patrick's which was always a pretty low frequency route I think. Captured the Western side of the City of North Van from Lonsdale Quay, Lions Gate Hospital and Pemberton I think? Always thought it was a funny route name as it went like two blocks on St Patrick's! 

18 minutes ago, 96 Blader Line said:

Why does Translink even recycle numbers?

Same as why any other agency does - trying to pick a number for a new route that fits into the current numbering system most likely. Plus, if it follows a similar routing to a discontinued route with the same number, it has the added bonus of being recognizable to riders.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dane said:

Interesting, 226 is a recycled number, which makes sense as it fits the current numbering scheme quite well. 

It had been the 226 St Patrick's which was always a pretty low frequency route I think. Captured the Western side of the City of North Van from Lonsdale Quay, Lions Gate Hospital and Pemberton I think? Always thought it was a funny route name as it went like two blocks on St Patrick's! 

They should restore 226 with the Community Shuttle running along St. Patrick's and Lion's Gate Hospital

Thanks for posting that. I'd been so curious what they bought. They sure went old, but you get what you can get! I was surprised when I was in Vancouver a couple weeks ago how short the WCE consists were, and that's even with still-cancelled trips. 

Wonder when we will see WCE return to normal? Makes me wonder if it hasn't had the same decent rebound as the rest of TransLink if it'll be a few years+.