Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

4 trips added to the 509, however they follow the 562’s routing. 

To Langley Centre:

8:05 from Carvolth Exchange

15:19 from Trattle/88th (57246)

To Carvolth Exchange:

8:06 from Langley Centre

15:21 from Trattle/9000 Block (57248)

Edited by Translink69

3 hours ago, Translink69 said:

4 trips added to the 509, however they follow the 562’s routing. 

I don't think I quite follow - the 509 doesn't run to or from Langley Centre on its current route. Are you saying that the 509's commuter routing will be extended to mirror the 562 through Walnut Grove... acting as a supplement at peak hours to the 652 along the route? Also, when you say "following the 562's routing" does that alto mean they won't make the little diversion onto 86A or 213th?

14 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

I don't think I quite follow - the 509 doesn't run to or from Langley Centre on its current route. Are you saying that the 509's commuter routing will be extended to mirror the 562 through Walnut Grove... acting as a supplement at peak hours to the 652 along the route? Also, when you say "following the 562's routing" does that alto mean they won't make the little diversion onto 86A or 213th?

Maybe these are 562s but interlined with the full-sized bus 509 from Carvolth Exchange? It would seem almost as if a school special or a TWU special with added capacity.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, InfiNorth said:

Correct, for those 4 trips only. The other trips remain the same.

• Thanks 1

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/translink-sfu-burnaby-mountain-gondola-consultation-2020

Consultation out for SFU Gondola

I predict everyones gonna choose option 1 but theyll go with option 2 anyways due to Forest Grove NIMBYism

Would a gondola from Lake City be any better though?

There is a virtual open house from 2pm-3pm on Saturday September 19.

36 minutes ago, Express691 said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/translink-sfu-burnaby-mountain-gondola-consultation-2020

Consultation out for SFU Gondola

I predict everyones gonna choose option 1 but theyll go with option 2 anyways due to Forest Grove NIMBYism

Would a gondola from Lake City be any better though?

There is a virtual open house from 2pm-3pm on Saturday September 19.

Having the Gondola end at Lake City would ease some passenger volumes at Production Way, but the station is currently served by a single infrequent bus route, plus Expo Line passengers probably don’t want to transfer. I’ll look more into this later today, but if they’re the same 3 options originally proposed I think I understand what you’re talking about in terms of the NIMBY mention.

9 hours ago, 8010 said:

Roughly how many deckers will be on the 351? I haven't really been paying attention to how many are currently used on the 301, 555, and 620 at one time.

555 will reduce to 30mins in the midday and Saturday, at lease get extra 2-3 buses, 620 back to regular schedule instead of summer schedule~~

9 hours ago, Express691 said:

10, 119, 151, 352*, 325 have been selected to follow the "Road to Destination" notation signage starting tomorrow. 

* Tuesday 

The signs are stacked text but are a significant improvement over the former "destination/via road" notation

I hate it already 

A few thoughts from the 350/351 split:

I was surprised how busy the 350 was. N=1, but using 40’ seems to have been a good choice. 

351 driver was confused about the route, the fareboxes on the Enviro500s and had no A/C on the upper floor. 

Pax don’t know how to use the pushbars for the Enviro500 rear doors. They kept pushing the middle section instead of near the privacy dividers. Driver didn’t know either and just had them exit from front door. 

Transferring at WR Centre Bay 1 isn’t clear yet. TL should add announcements to transfer on the 351 and what bus to take to Crescent Beach.

It’s weird seeing non-Suburban NOVAs in South Surrey ? 

1 hour ago, Orcair said:

I was surprised how busy the 350 was. N=1, but using 40’ seems to have been a good choice. 

351 driver was confused about the route, the fareboxes on the Enviro500s and had no A/C on the upper floor. 

Pax don’t know how to use the pushbars for the Enviro500 rear doors. They kept pushing the middle section instead of near the privacy dividers. Driver didn’t know either and just had them exit from front door. 

Transferring at WR Centre Bay 1 isn’t clear yet. TL should add announcements to transfer on the 351 and what bus to take to Crescent Beach.

Non suburban Nova's have been in South Surrey for the past couple of years now. They've been on the 351, 352 & 354 most of the time during AM/PM Peak period hours & the odd one you will find all day  M-F & some evenings.

4 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Non suburban Nova's have been in South Surrey for the past couple of years now. They've been on the 351, 352 & 354 most of the time during AM/PM Peak period hours & the odd one you will find all day  M-F & some evenings.

I know, but not as frequent as the XN40s, LFS Suburbans, Orion Vs and G5s :)

1 hour ago, Orcair said:

Probably a driver who's first time driving a Double decker since training, they are quiet different from the other buses. The passenger A/C is operated separate from the driver's A/C.

6 minutes ago, Phillip said:

Probably a driver who's first time driving a Double decker since training, they are quiet different from the other buses. The passenger A/C is operated separate from the driver's A/C.

Makes total sense (and to be clear I wasn't really meaning it as a critique of the driver). Hopefully will be addressed with refresher training...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 9924 said:

I drive them and I still haven't figured that demonic HVAC system out  ?

Yeah it's quite complex. I don't like how you can adjust the temperature and everything. I'd rather it be set automatically like many other buses in our fleet.