Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

33 minutes ago, Phillip said:

In regards to the bus stop consolidation, the 22 route will have a total of 23 stops removed as of September 21. Apparently it's the first route to have it done. 

The 22 is my primary route (see my username ?). 23 stops is a lot. Where do I find the list of stops being removed, and the rationale? I can think of only a handful outside downtown that can be justified.

30 minutes ago, Phillip said:

In regards to the bus stop consolidation, the 22 route will have a total of 23 stops removed as of September 21. Apparently it's the first route to have it done. 

Great news. Hopefully the 106 will follow shortly...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Phillip said:

I think you mean the 2. Used to be part of the 22.

38 minutes ago, Phillip said:

I think you mean the 2. Used to be part of the 22.

27 minutes ago, Zortan said:

Sorry to repeat the above question, but is there somewhere I can find which stops are being removed, and the reasoning behind them?

I saw it on the employee site yesterday. I'll look again later and list the stops being closed. 

I looked at it again and apparently it's only a 6 week pilot project. The stops will only be closed from September 21st till October 31st.

36 minutes ago, Zortan said:

Sorry to repeat the above question, but is there somewhere I can find which stops are being removed, and the reasoning behind them?

I can think of a few along Macdonald and Cornwall that are within spitting distance of each other.

I submitted some suggestions for stop consolidation on route 100 into TL's standard feedback form, and got a response in which I was given a dedicated email address that they've made for this whole initiative ?

Just a big hint that if y'all have any pointers on which stops might be too close, send them over to TL!!!

They also mentioned that the #2 stop consolidation is a pilot project which means that it will serve as a testbed for other routes that get route-wide consolidation.

On 7/21/2020 at 10:08 AM, 8010 said:

Brighouse Station loop will be open in the fall due to construction of neighbouring developments.

From what I've heard September 1st is the opening day for Brighouse Loop, can't confirm that myself though.