Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

On 9/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Express691 said:

Also on September 23 for 95B 143 144 145 N35, SFU West Campus road is re-opened and the stops along there will serve the 95 B-Line (It wasnt like that before)... 

Riding 8152 on the 95B:
-Stop was requested before SFU transportation centre.
-No stop announcements, TMAC detected off-route position
-Tower Road and Science Road were skipped despite stop request being activated.

In addition, both these stops did not have cardboard notifications tied to the pole, and none of them listed the 95.

It's only the 1st day back to regular operations, so we'll see how things go.

Do you guys think Translink / CMBC should modified the head sign for the 320, 501 & 502 as this~~

320 Langley Centre / via : Cloverdale

320 Surrey Central Station / via : Cloverdale

501 Langley Centre / via : Port Kells & Carvolth

501 Surrey Central Station / via : Carvolth & Port Kells

502 Langley Centre / Fraser Hwy Local

502 Surrey Central Station / Fraser Hwy Local

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Evan Hancock said:

18399 might have wifi! But it has a password. When it said, “Select wireless network” the network “VAN18399” showed up

Doubtful. Best case scenario, some university student is trolling. With Shaw being TransLinks Wi-Fi provider, I’m almost certain the Wi-Fi would be the same name as on the SeaBus. “ShawOpen”

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mac Write said:

How many Articulated buses does CMBC Have (Total and by model). My guess os 300-400+ and without the E60's then at least 300.

74 E60LFR

7 D60LF

16 D60LFR

39 DE60LFR

25+21+26+63+26 XDE60 for 161 XDE60. 182 by the time Rapidbus rolls out in January.

Total is around 297 since the last artic went into service.

Without the E60LFR, it's 223.

On 9/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, 8010 said:

I'm wondering if this is a major typo as the website does show that the 95 is supposed to stop at those stops but they're all cancelled.

Now it seems that the last thing that needs to be resolved is the alerts page. The 95 is no longer listed for these stops on the next bus site.

20 hours ago, Mac Write said:

Thanks for the info. 223 non Trolley 60ft. is that it for 60ft expansion or are we going to get more in 2020/21/etc as expansion?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Coast_Mountain_Bus_Company 

The known expansion units are listed in the wiki

19 artics in 2020
20 artics in 2020

Unlikely that they're trolley artics, unknown if they're rapidbus or not.

1 hour ago, dover5949 said:

CMBC Bus Drivers, Maintenance Staff & Seabus Employees could be taking a strike vote on Oct 10th. Take note of the typo error at the bottom of the news story 

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/10/03/bus-strike-vote/

"In 2106, the union voted to strike but a contract was negotiated in time to avert any major disruptions to service."

Frack, that's funny!  Guess all the buses have flux capacitors now ? 

10 minutes ago, Mac Write said:

I can't drive. but it still would be entertaining. Could push to get more SkyTrain and other public transit options being implemented faster. Let the games begin.

No, not even close. Union solidarity would have our entire transit system down if any one group of workers walked off the job.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mac Write said:

I would love to see a very nice long strike like the strike of 2000. 5+ months. Would make for a very entertaining 5 months.

I really really really don’t think you understand the ramifications of a strike. How much it’ll paralyze the system. So unless you’re under 5 km of a walk to a SkyTrain station, I wouldn’t hope for a strike.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, translink said:

I really really really don’t think you understand the ramifications of a strike. How much it’ll paralyze the system. So unless you’re under 5 km of a walk to a SkyTrain station, I wouldn’t hope for a strike.

Cab companies are hoping for a long transit strike.$$$$$$$$$$$$

21 hours ago, dover5949 said:

CMBC Bus Drivers, Maintenance Staff & Seabus Employees could be taking a strike vote on Oct 10th. Take note of the typo error at the bottom of the news story 

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/10/03/bus-strike-vote

Hopefully this issue could be resolved soon but I could see back to work legislation enacted fairly abruptly. That's what happened to CP Rail workers when they went on strike a few years back.

1 hour ago, Peterbiltguy1989@gmail.com said:

Hopefully this issue could be resolved soon but I could see back to work legislation enacted fairly abruptly. That's what happened to CP Rail workers when they went on strike a few years back.

Talks are still continuing in mid October, they want everyone to vote yes so the union has support to get what they want for the new collective agreement. The company said they couldn't meet what the union is asking for and hence the strike vote.  Chances are is that the vote will be yes for strike and then the company will come back with a better offer, that's what happened last time.    

• Like 2