Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

36 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

To make things easier with the articulated buses arrangement, the 49, 257, 480, and 620 should use double deckers

Others might work, but the 49 no. Stops too frequently - I believe dwell times at stops would increase for passengers getting off from the upper deck.

33 minutes ago, Evan Hancock said:

The D60LFRs should be staying in Poco; it seems they've not had good succession with hybrids (not talking CNGs). That's also why they've gotten a lot of D60LFs back. Perhaps they should get some XN60s or something

Yes I think the D60LFRs will mostly operate 143/145, but the future PTC XDE60s will operate the Lougheed RapidBus B-Line whatever you call it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, translink said:

Peak Hours only. A la 43 circa 2014. Every 15 minutes peak hours only. Both directions. 

They were already playing with the peak-only 480 schedule in the same dummy sheet as those R-series rapid bus routes.

Oh, and they just added R21 and R30 too ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nname said:

They were already playing with the peak-only 480 schedule in the same dummy sheet as those R-series rapid bus routes.

Oh, and they just added R21 and R30 too ?

R30? What is this insulation?! ? I know that’ll be for the 430, but what the hell is 21? North shore?

I think R30 might be the Ironworker Express which was proposed in place of the planned 231 improvement.  If that's the case, I wonder why Port Mann express is still 555...  But as of now it looks like Wellingdon B-Line with very few stops.

And R21... it's just the Main-Marine B-Line in alternate universe where West Van never stopped it past Park Royal ??

R30.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Millennium2002 said:

I wonder if someone decided that there needed to be two digits after the R rather than just one...

I'll bet it's the same BS when we re-numbered our community shuttles: save as many digit numbers from the original. Though admittedly the nightbuses were like that too

54 minutes ago, nname said:

I think R30 might be the Ironworker Express which was proposed in place of the planned 231 improvement.  If that's the case, I wonder why Port Mann express is still 555...  But as of now it looks like Wellingdon B-Line with very few stops.

And R21... it's just the Main-Marine B-Line in alternate universe where West Van never stopped it past Park Royal ??

R30.png

I'll also conclude that the proposed 245 route from Capilano to Phibbs will either not be a frequent route or has been eliminated altogether.

10 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

R30's lack of a BCIT stop is interesting...

Also, what happens to the 125?
1) Increase frequency and make it non-stop
2) Cancel and move resources to 130 BCIT trips (There's a bit more space at Metrotown with some routes kicked outside the loop)

Argument:
Coming in from Brentwood station, BCIT students need better access to their school other than route 25. Long walk to nearest 130 SB stop

1 hour ago, 8010 said:

https://www.translink.ca/Plans-and-Projects/RapidBus-Program.aspx

The 99 will be keeping the B-Line branding.

That should NOT be happening:

Either rebrand the 99 to R9 without adding the amenities, or they should have built around the 99 and kept the B-Line system as is, with numbering like this:

B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B9 etc etc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Express691 said:

That should NOT be happening:

Either rebrand the 99 to R9 without adding the amenities, or they should have built around the 99 and kept the B-Line system as is, with numbering like this:

B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B9 etc etc

I agree but the 99 is not going to be here long term

7 minutes ago, cleowin said:

So what should happen is the remaining D60LF’s and the D60LFR’s should be sent to BTC in exchange for several DE60LFR’s so the 99 still has its distinct B-Line Branding

Of course we know that's not going to happen. The D60LFs will be gone soon, and the D60LFRs are at PTC for the 143/145.

59 minutes ago, Translink69 said:

Both directions are gonna have the same route name ??

“We want to reduce passenger confusion” -Translink 2019

If they're like the trains and say 'R1 King George to Newton' or similar maybe it'll be better. But I don't understand how their studies/consultations to 'reduce confusion' led to this either.  

19 minutes ago, cleowin said:

I agree but the 99 is not going to be here long term

Minimally, they should just eliminate the B-Line word altogether.

17 minutes ago, briguychau said:

Of course we know that's not going to happen. The D60LFs will be gone soon, and the D60LFRs are at PTC for the 143/145.

Also consider what's coming in for RapidBus service: PCT will get XDE60s and the 701 won't need artics. 13 runs on 3 spares for 143/145 is enough for the D60LFRs, so those D60LFs can just be scrapped.

Maximum output for the 99 B-Line is 34 buses, which leaves 5 spares. However, one needs to account for the 257 and 44, which are also non-rapidbus artic routes. 

Case in point: The remaining non-RB articulated buses (39+25+21+26=91 buses) will NOT be enough to service the 49, 99, 257, 143, 145, and 503.

2 minutes ago, DarkKeyo said:

If they're like the trains and say 'R1 King George to Newton' or similar maybe it'll be better. But I don't understand how their studies/consultations to 'reduce confusion' led to this either.  

I do agree: That study was pointless, redundant, and unnecessary

• Like 1