Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

9 hours ago, Express691 said:

https://www.translink.ca/-/media/Documents/about_translink/media/2019/2019-Late-Night-Service-Report.pdf

Here's the actual report... I thought it would be dissected thoroughly by now

Spoiler: Most of the people here, just care about the buses. Not about how the system works. You’ve got a better chance getting a decent response from Facebook or a drunk Irishman at a bar then here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Marriott said:

For me the most interesting detail wasn't directly related to any of the nightbus proposals.  If you look at the map for the 24 hour B-Line service proposal, the Richmond to Expo Line B-Line has shifted and is shown running to 22 St Station, following the 410 instead of the 430.

332179681_RichmondBLine.thumb.png.fa32995ca0ec4e162f9d1f4a754c9c9f.png

That route looks like more a combination of 410 and 301. Can't tell if that deflection is along Lansdowne Road or Westminster Highway.

25 minutes ago, translink said:

Spoiler: Most of the people here, just care about the buses. Not about how the system works. You’ve got a better chance getting a decent response from Facebook or a drunk Irishman at a bar then here.

Woops... 

Guess I am in the wrong forum: I should search for answers on SSP (which is less of a dumpster fire than here)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Express691 said:

That route looks like more a combination of 410 and 301. Can't tell if that deflection is along Lansdowne Road or Westminster Highway.

Woops... 

Guess I am in the wrong forum: I should search for answers on SSP (which is less of a dumpster fire than here)

It’s Lansdowne. 

18 hours ago, 8010 said:

Judging by the late-night service report it looks like the N9 will be extended to Port Coquitlam Station and there will be a new NightBus route providing local service along the 96's route.

N9 to Port Coquitlam is one of the improvement listed in the phase 2 plan.  I've been scanning for it in every sheet, but so far no change had been made.

The Surrey NightBus seems to be new...

2 hours ago, Express691 said:

Speaking of the 410, it looks like they are discontinuing the 410 QUEENSBORO routing via Smith Crescent (Remnant of the C99 I believe)

It's been removed in September sheet... or perhaps the change will be implemented before the sheet starts?

Maybe it's about time to gather and post all the September service changes here...

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

SSP don't care about bus routes though.. I used to post my schedule update there, but it went dead every time. Seems like people there cares about the big items (SkyTrain, SeaBus, B-Lines), but not individual bus or shuttle routes.  Likewise, people here care more about buses, and less about SkyTrains...

15 minutes ago, nname said:

It's been removed in September sheet... or perhaps the change will be implemented before the sheet starts?

Maybe it's about time to gather and post all the September service changes here...

Alerts has the discontinuation happening on July 2nd.

15 minutes ago, nname said:

N9 to Port Coquitlam is one of the improvement listed in the phase 2 plan.  I've been scanning for it in every sheet, but so far no change had been made.

It's relatively cheap for that extension: you're already spending on deadhead from Coquitlam Station (at least for some runs) anyways so why not make those in-service hours

4 hours ago, Michael Marriott said:

For me the most interesting detail wasn't directly related to any of the nightbus proposals.  If you look at the map for the 24 hour B-Line service proposal, the Richmond to Expo Line B-Line has shifted and is shown running to 22 St Station, following the 410 instead of the 430.

332179681_RichmondBLine.thumb.png.fa32995ca0ec4e162f9d1f4a754c9c9f.png

I feel like that diagram is too vague to understand what is happening. To me it looks like an additional vanilla NightBus route...

7 minutes ago, Express691 said:

It's relatively cheap for that extension: you're already spending on deadhead from Coquitlam Station (at least for some runs) anyways so why not make those in-service hours

If eastbound trips to terminate at Port Coquitlam station, then should westbound starts from PoCo too?  Most of the night bus begins from route that terminates at Coquitlam, so starting from Port Coquitlam means extra service.

Judging from the weekday schedule alone, only 4 out of the 9 trips that terminate at Coquitlam Station went back to PCTC.  The other 5 trips turn around and head east again with 2 terminates at Lougheed and deadhead back.  Extend to PoCo will probably requires 1 extra bus.

Actually I have to wonder if the proposed B-Line route has changed from 430 to 410 in internal planning.

If you've paid attention to recent 10-year-vision documents and maps, they are tending to describe this line as "Richmond to Expo Line" rather than "Richmond to Metrotown".

11 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

Actually I have to wonder if the proposed B-Line route has changed from 430 to 410 in internal planning.

If you've paid attention to recent 10-year-vision documents and maps, they are tending to describe this line as "Richmond to Expo Line" rather than "Richmond to Metrotown".

Metrotown Exchange is a c******f***, and so is 49th Ave. It wouldn’t shock me if they wanted to avoid both those chokepoints. Plus it makes it easier for drivers to commute to/from and change off at Hamilton TC.

Once the Langley Extension is built, will the NightBus Express travel all the way to Langley from Downtown or would people have to transfer? I would rather see the route go all the way to Langley but that's a long route.

Also with the Broadway & UBC Extensions, would the route duplicating the Millennium Line be split in two similar to the N9 and N17 or would the route travel between UBC and Lafarge Lake, avoiding Downtown all together?

On 6/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, translink said:

I'm here for stuff like this about the system, including bus routes, but not as much for individual bus watching. SSP is mostly used for arguments, it seems. 

This discussion is exactly why I'm a part of this forum, so yes please keep sharing stuff like this. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:09 PM, nname said:

SSP don't care about bus routes though.. I used to post my schedule update there, but it went dead every time. Seems like people there cares about the big items (SkyTrain, SeaBus, B-Lines), but not individual bus or shuttle routes.  Likewise, people here care more about buses, and less about SkyTrains...

Forgive my ignorance but what is SSP? Do you have a link please?

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Blake M said:

Are there plans to make the 430 an articulated bus? Took the 2:43pm trip from Bridgeport to Metrotown today and boy was it packed!

No.

There were plans to make it a B-Line though (but at the rate this is going, frequency is nowhere near B-Line levels).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Express691 said:

No.

There were plans to make it a B-Line though (but at the rate this is going, frequency is nowhere near B-Line levels).

20 minute service maybe?

Also as a visitor to Vancouver, it seems like the 49 gets more ridership than the 41, should 49th have not gotten the B-Line instead of 41st? Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blake M said:

20 minute service maybe?

Also as a visitor to Vancouver, it seems like the 49 gets more ridership than the 41, should 49th have not gotten the B-Line instead of 41st? Or am I missing something?

Perhaps. All times need a frequency boost tbh

==

Missing the 43 express. No weekends. Route via 41.

16 hours ago, Blake M said:

Are there plans to make the 430 an articulated bus? Took the 2:43pm trip from Bridgeport to Metrotown today and boy was it packed!

It doesn’t matter what time of the day or week the 430 is always packed with overloads. Either the service needs to be improved or if not replace the 40 footers with artic’s. I have called translink on this a few times & all i get is lip service!

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:31 AM, Express691 said:

No.

I personally still think a 430 B-Line would be a huge flop when introduced. What Translink should do is to first increase service hours and boost the frequency up then determine if a B-Line along this corridor is necessary. 

24 minutes ago, Ninja Bus Fan said:

I personally still think a 430 B-Line would be a huge flop when introduced. What Translink should do is to first increase service hours and boost the frequency up then determine if a B-Line along this corridor is necessary. 

Then the Lougheed B-Line should be a flop as well, it will most likely have less ridership demand than a 430 B-Line replacement.

On 6/28/2019 at 11:11 AM, Express691 said:

Speaking of the 410, it looks like they are discontinuing the 410 QUEENSBORO routing via Smith Crescent (Remnant of the C99 I believe)

JK. The first stops on that trip are cancelled. Trip just goes to 22nd from Hume/Westminster.

===========

418 extension to York Road also started today. Don't know how the bus turns around though