Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

57 minutes ago, rulerduler said:

To me the c40lfr's and I hate nova. I hate c40lfr. I hate d40lfr. I like xn40 and d40lf with the Detroit Diesel series 50. Just how they sound and being more comfy and how they look i guess. Especially the newest xn40s. I'll go marry 18200 the only STC fleet number that ends with 00

I got no time to read about picky and choosy attitude like this, and nor does anyone else on here.

If the point of buses in general is to move people from point A to point B then so be it. Put yourself in the non-busfan perspective for once

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

I got no time to read about picky and choosy attitude like this, and nor does anyone else on here.

If the point of buses in general is to move people from point A to point B then so be it. Put yourself in the non-busfan perspective for once

Amen.

If you'd like to talk about which busses you like and which you don't, take it to the Dreams thread. This thread is for service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On May 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM, FlyingPig said:

Amen.

If you'd like to talk about which busses you like and which you don't, take it to the Dreams thread. This thread is for service.

Shall I create a topic called "General Bus Hate Comments"?  That may actually work out!

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Urban_Monkey Transit said:

In what way is it stupid (I can understand, but I want verification)?

Why do you want such a negative thread? "General Bus Hate Comments" if people hated buses I don't think they'd be on this forum looool 

• Thanks 1

Before this thread goes down any further: I saw this at Surrey central: Hints of ground queues for the 96 NB.

20190526_144732.thumb.jpg.6fcd8d97ed1fc60cfafab624a60e5b66.jpg

=======

Real question/hot take: Can we get away with abandoning or reducing service at Columbia Station? New West is already a major hub for the buses and is arguably a safer place to transfer trains than Columbia. If you dont wanna close it, you can just have KG trains skip Columbia. It would be a good backup if New West is closed for whatever reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Express691 said:

Before this thread goes down any further: I saw this at Surrey central: Hints of ground queues for the 96 NB.

=======

Real question/hot take: Can we get away with abandoning Columbia Station? New West is already a major hub for the buses and is arguably a safer place to transfer trains than Columbia.

Columbia just seems really sketchy. Also, who had the idea to put an island platform there?

8 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Columbia just seems really sketchy. Also, who had the idea to put an island platform there?

Or do you mean a side platform?

It wasn't meant to be a station made specifically for transferring. There will be a point where the station will need capacity upgrades. New West has a lot more potential for station expansion: they just need to make it so that you dont have to tap out in order to transfer.

1 hour ago, Express691 said:

It wasn't meant to be a station made specifically for transferring. There will be a point where the station will need capacity upgrades. New West has a lot more potential for station expansion: they just need to make it so that you dont have to tap out in order to transfer.

Since the main access is from below and above the platforms, I wonder how hard it would be to convert columbia into an island. Youd have to close it for some time (detour to NW) and just shift the stairs. Could even go for a stadium style layout with a 3rd platform carved into the hill for terminating trains 

19 hours ago, Express691 said:

If those are for ground queue lines, it would explain why the 95 stop at Burrard and I think one of the ones at Willingdon, also have them. 

On 5/26/2019 at 11:34 PM, Express691 said:

Whoops, typo.

What was the station intended for the already planned Coquitlam extension then? New West? Woodlands?

4 minutes ago, buizelbus said:

Whoops, typo.

What was the station intended for the already planned Coquitlam extension then? New West? Woodlands?

Woodlands would have been located right at the tunnel portal on the Production Branch. I believe it was the development which was cancelled which also lead to the cancellation of the station.

Then again, plans from the original Expo era had a spur going from Royal Oak: A junction just before the curve into Edmonds station would have lead to tracks going to Lougheed. But that's a story for another thread.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Translink69 said:

Could use em at Phibbs, Newton, and Scottsdale ??‍♂️

They're supposed to be rebuilding Phibbs entirely this year (supposedly starting last fall), hopefully with better queueing that doesn't end up with lines in front of other stops. However, as of the beginning of this month, no construction had happened yet.