Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

16 minutes ago, Express691 said:

I'm pretty sure the 337 east of Guildford is qualified as Frequent Transit Network standards.

As a Fraser Heights resident, skeptical, but will check it out. Thrilled if it's true.

On the other hand, they should work on the connections between 337 and 555... worst transfer ever. Steps off 555 and sees 337 leaving.

7 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

As a Fraser Heights resident, skeptical, but will check it out. Thrilled if it's true.

On the other hand, they should work on the connections between 337 and 555... worst transfer ever. Steps off 555 and sees 337 leaving.

It's just the bare minimum, I checked the PDF schedules and it just makes the 6-9 M-F 7-9 Sa 8-9 Sun cutoff for guaranteed 15 minutes.

32 minutes ago, FlyingPig said:

I'd sooner they fix the connection between the #555 and the #96, i.e., the fact that there isn't one. (My recommendation: move the #555 stop down to 104 Ave via the 160 St. cloverleaf, then extend the #96 and eventual King George LRT to 156 St. to meet it.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GORDOOM said:

I'd sooner they fix the connection between the #555 and the #96, i.e., the fact that there isn't one. (My recommendation: move the #555 stop down to 104 Ave via the 160 St. cloverleaf, then extend the #96 and eventual King George LRT to 156 St. to meet it.)

Rerouting the #96 and #555 for transfer would add trip time for both routes, increase operating cost while deceasing the attractiveness of #555.  Both routes have enough ridership that they do not need this silly detour. If there is enough demand, it's always more efficient to create a second route to Guildford or Surrey Central.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nname said:

Rerouting the #96 and #555 for transfer would add trip time for both routes, increase operating cost while deceasing the attractiveness of #555.  Both routes have enough ridership that they do not need this silly detour. If there is enough demand, it's always more efficient to create a second route to Guildford or Surrey Central.

I'd prefer a extension of the 96 to the exit, and maybe turn around at the roundabout north of the exit.

14 hours ago, buizelbus said:

I'd prefer a extension of the 96 to the exit, and maybe turn around at the roundabout north of the exit.

Precisely.  add one more stop of the #96 at Highway 1 / 156 and then like you said, use the roundabout at 108 Avenue and 156 Street as a turnaround point.  Only challenge would be from a layover standpoint and amenities (washrooms) for drivers.  

The 555 must stay on Highway 1.   Like mentioned, if demand is present, have some sort of route between Guildford and Coquitlam via the Port Mann Bridge.  this would be a new service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, go_leafs_go02 said:

Precisely.  add one more stop of the #96 at Highway 1 / 156 and then like you said, use the roundabout at 108 Avenue and 156 Street as a turnaround point.  Only challenge would be from a layover standpoint and amenities (washrooms) for drivers.  

The 555 must stay on Highway 1.   Like mentioned, if demand is present, have some sort of route between Guildford and Coquitlam via the Port Mann Bridge.  this would be a new service. 

Use the parking spots as a layover bay. Have shorter layover at the northern end with a extended one at the south, as there's likely only enough space for one bus at a time up there.

Not mentioned in the service change, but there are minor schedule adjustments made to both Expo and Millennium Line (I first noticed when I saw station attendant update the first/last train time outside the station)

The time for last train to Lougheed/Production is pushed back by a few minutes (or earlier if it's Friday). One extra train now run to Production instead of turning back at Lougheed.

Hopefully they also fixed the timing issues at Lougheed that happened since the platform change and make a smoother transfer from Expo to Millennium EB.

I have to admit, I don't like this new livery at all.

I'd like to see how they explain what the green stands for. It is shiny and all, but to me it certainly does not convey 'rapid'. When I see green I find myself reminded about the green buses in Seoul that explicitly denote feeder - not rapid - routes.

I would have been happier if they did this livery but kept the yellow.

I don't think this is actually the new B-Line branding by the way (I recall TL is looking at doing a branding for the highway rapid buses - furthermore the fact that this livery is on R12024, which might be seen on the 620, but is not used on any B-Line routes, convinces me that it's the new highway bus livery).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 8800GTX said:

I have to admit, I don't like this new livery at all.

I'd like to see how they explain what the green stands for. It is shiny and all, but to me it certainly does not convey 'rapid'. When I see green I find myself reminded about the green buses in Seoul that explicitly denote feeder - not rapid - routes.

I would have been happier if they did this livery but kept the yellow.

I don't think this is actually the new B-Line branding by the way (I recall TL is looking at doing a branding for the highway rapid buses - furthermore the fact that this livery is on R12024, which might be seen on the 620, but is not used on any B-Line routes, convinces me that it's the new highway bus livery).

I have seen "RapidBus" being used to refer to the 555 before so it could be

11 minutes ago, Brando737 said:

It's real.  I've seen it with my own eyes both in the depot and from the street.  And there are two shades of green.  This is possibly a test for the new B-Line livery and apparently branding.

Updated wiki paint icon. Should I change anything else before uploading it?

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 11.41.59 PM.png

1 hour ago, Brando737 said:

It's real.  I've seen it with my own eyes both in the depot and from the street.  And there are two shades of green.  This is possibly a test for the new B-Line livery and apparently branding.

They've been testing different route numbering scheme in the schedule system too. Seems like it's a possibility that the B-Line or RapidBus or whatever might not have a 9x route number...

2 hours ago, ThomasW97 said:

Now the Seahawks are going to sue for color combo copyright 

On another note, the rear paint appears to be darker

It's hard to sue imo when Vancouver Canucks, Metro Vancouver, and some other Pacific Northwest entities use the same colour combination...

I agree with others that the livery needs some work. It's missing our beloved yellow and the two-tone green is just poor taste.

In fact, I strongly think that the colour green should not be used for route branding at all; it should instead be applied on more environmentally friendly buses. Examples include our current trolleybuses and CNG buses, or the incoming BAE hybrids and battery-electrics.

• Like 2