Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

Little tidbit:

Correct me if I am wrong - aside from the 4, 701, and 160, the FTN Standard during rush hour is now at least every 12 minutes, come September's service changes.

========================
Online trip planner schedules have been uploaded

To change: Just edit the route and the date in the URL. Different from the table @nname made (I'm pretty sure)

320 Trips going into Langley Centre in PM rush:
Lv. Surrey Central - 1515, 1547, 1614, 1638, 1714, 1750, 1802, 1827, 1851, 1918, etc. (for some reason it gets a little wonky for the italicized leave times)

337 Clarification: 1 bus added between 7am and 8am

257 - Remove stop at Lions Gate Bridge, add school stop for West Vancouver Secondary students at Ottawa/15th Street

319 - One more bus per hour between 5pm and 12pm on Saturdays
028 - Can't tell if this is re-instated but there seems to be 2 more trips starting at Dawson going to Cap-U between 7am and 8am
555 - Increase to every 20 minutes mid-day weekdays
116 - Increase by 1 bus per hour between 6am and 9am weekdays both directions
240 - Extra AM trip into Downtown Vancouver between 5am and 6am

043 - Frequency jump to every 10 minutes, extend service to just before 10pm both directions

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Is the 281's split still happening? I can't find a schedule or route map for the 282 anywhere.

I checked on the route diagrams page back when those were made public a few days ago, and the 282 definitely existed. It seems all those maps are gone now though...

3 hours ago, ThatBusGuy said:

I checked on the route diagrams page back when those were made public a few days ago, and the 282 definitely existed. It seems all those maps are gone now though...

Perhaps that change is being implemented at a later date then.

4 minutes ago, 8010 said:

Perhaps that change is being implemented at a later date then.

No, it's definitely happening in September.

https://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?StopDisplay=All&.a=iHeadwaySheet&LineAbbr=282&FormState=iHeadwaySheet&Date=09-08-2018&FromHourDropDown=100&FromMinuteDropDown=40&FromMeridiemDropDown=a&ToHourDropDown=400&ToMinuteDropDown=30&ToMeridiemDropDown=x

Weekends only though. Route diagram is currently showing as not found

Comments:

145 - IDK why it's listed twice, makes it more confusing. The first bit looks like they are re-instating trips that were cut for the summer trips, but at the same time they are adding an ADB stop at the Convocation Mall stop, as well as shift one bus from the AM rush to the usual class times mid-day
041 - I think that this is the best way to test the potential for B-Line Service. The 43 is much closer to SkyTrain now, so I hope people will gravitate towards that. Prepare for the change in behavior by decreasing the 41 by 1 minute in the mid-day.
335 - They FINALLY addressed the overcrowding from the high schools going past Guildford (Holy Cross, North Surrey, etc). Also notice how they address it as "Southbound" in that part despite the 335 being labelled as E/W on the next bus site.
418 - I don't think this was mentioned here, but someone pointed out that the route along Zylman Way is part of an ongoing infrastructure expansion, hence why it did not appear on google maps.
159 - It took a while for them to figure that one out :P

Loving the changes. The 100 and the 41 really need help, lol. The evening 43 is long overdue. Glad Surrey's getting lots of attention. 

Still can't figure out why that one stop on the 145 didn't have ADB for so long. What could the reason possibly have been? I tried so hard to find an answer but nobody had one. At least it's being fixed now. :)

So let me figure this out, how are they able to offer peak hour service increases on the 43 without additional arctic capacity?

with htc losing the 430, looks like they make it up in increases to other routes.

same with vtc, they pick up the 32, how are they operating additional service without additional busses?

22 minutes ago, cleowin said:

same with vtc, they pick up the 32, how are they operating additional service without additional busses?

Keep in mind that the detour for the 4/14 is still a thing until at least the end of the month, revised from a mid-August completion. With the finish of construction, the spare buses brought over may be used to account for the incoming service expansions, until the new Novas come in.

As for artics, I think they only need a couple more artics for the increases on the 43. 

48 minutes ago, cleowin said:

So let me figure this out, how are they able to offer peak hour service increases on the 43 without additional arctic capacity?

with htc losing the 430, looks like they make it up in increases to other routes.

They're also adding 3 artics from West Van, although they'll have to run all of the 257's as well now too, including the service increases.

That said, it will be a godsend for ferry passengers for BTC to be doing all-artic service on the 257. It has really been a travesty to have 40-footers on the route at all. 

8 hours ago, nname said:

One thing I've noticed... seems like the PDF schedule now includes all West Van routes?

http://infomaps.translink.ca/Public_Timetables/146/tt259.pdf

http://infomaps.translink.ca/Public_Timetables/146/tt262.pdf

Yeah I just checked, all West Van routes are getting the standard PDF schedules.

Just wondering, why does CMBC keep the old display codes programmed in the buses? (ex. 1166 still displays 98 B-Line Burrard Stn)

3 hours ago, 8010 said:

Yeah I just checked, all West Van routes are getting the standard PDF schedules.

Just wondering, why does CMBC keep the old display codes programmed in the buses? (ex. 1166 still displays 98 B-Line Burrard Stn)

I guess it's just laziness (1232 = 98 B-Line FULL Take Next Bus)

• Like 1

12 minute service on the 116 is a big deal. Suncrest/South Slope was one of the more ignored regions under the BC Liberals; and Big Bend/Riverway/Glenlyon (which is home to a lot of tech companies) is almost a transit desert.

I wonder if the 100 will have high enough demand in the future to become another B-Line route. 7 minutes in peak is crazy.

Speaking of B-Lines, I know that the plan is for 43/430/239/701 in 2019, but what about in the long term? Might the main arteries in Burnaby/New West (Willingdon, Kingsway/6th, Canada Way/8th) also deserve B-Lines to replace the 19/106/119, 130 and 123? Also, and this is just me busfanning, maybe a second north-south B-Line in Burnaby. There's no easy way of getting from Edmonds/Middlegate/Big Bend to Montecito/Greystone/SFU/Capitol Hill without a car; you have to take milk run buses (101, 133, 144) or otherwise take the Skytrain around (which may require a transfer). The convoluted street network/mostly SFH zoning in East Burnaby would definitely would make this impracticable though (not to mention the railway crossing at Cariboo Road)

8 minutes ago, V3112 said:

12 minute service on the 116 is a big deal. Suncrest/South Slope was one of the more ignored regions under the BC Liberals; and Big Bend/Riverway/Glenlyon (which is home to a lot of tech companies) is almost a transit desert.

I wonder if the 100 will have high enough demand in the future to become another B-Line route. 7 minutes in peak is crazy.

Speaking of B-Lines, I know that the plan is for 43/430/239/701 in 2019, but what about in the long term? Might the main arteries in Burnaby/New West (Willingdon, Kingsway/6th, Canada Way/8th) also deserve B-Lines to replace the 19/106/119, 130 and 123? Also, and this is just me busfanning, maybe a second north-south B-Line in Burnaby. There's no easy way of getting from Edmonds/Middlegate/Big Bend to Montecito/Greystone/SFU/Capitol Hill without a car; you have to take milk run buses (101, 133, 144) or otherwise take the Skytrain around (which may require a transfer). The convoluted street network/mostly SFH zoning in East Burnaby would definitely would make this impracticable though (not to mention the railway crossing at Cariboo Road)

The main arteries don't even have artics yet. They don't deserve a B Line, just yet.

As for Edmonds to SFU, maybe just a more direct new bus route? There probably isn't enough demand for a B Line.