Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

On 3/13/2017 at 5:46 PM, Brando737 said:

And now for what I'm considering just a rumor and nothing more at this point.  There has been the topic of the north parking lot at BTC being converted for trolley's to run out of BTC.  And in the same discussion where this came up, apparently there is what looks like trolley overhead going up around Kingsway & Edmonds and the possibility of BTC handling the west part of a split up 106 with trolley's.  I'm taking this with a grain of salt and probably just somebody wanted to start a rumor of something that they want and will never happen.  It just doesn't make sense unless there is a hidden order for some XT40s that no one knows about or a trolley route going completely diesel in Vancouver.  Even if it is just someone starting a rumor with thier dreams of trolley's in Burnaby, it's still an interesting thing to discuss.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.2735897,-123.0190819,53m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

I wonder if people are seeing this trolley pole storage yard at BTCN and are drawing conclusions based on its presence...

In fact, I seem to recall that the trolley line crews are based at BTC as well, despite the fact that most of the work is done in Vancouver.

2 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.2735897,-123.0190819,53m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

I wonder if people are seeing this trolley pole storage yard at BTCN and are drawing conclusions based on its presence...

In fact, I seem to recall that the trolley line crews are based at BTC as well, despite the fact that most of the work is done in Vancouver.

Trolley overhead has thier own facility on Skeena St near the Costco north of Grandview hwy.

17 minutes ago, TranslinkKid said:

Overheard a conversation between two RTC operators. Starting next sheet, routes 351 & 601 will no longer interline on weekends. Not sure if it's actually true.

Just took a look and it's true.  I'm going to assume the 601s will be serviced by standard buses only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brando737 said:

Just took a look and it's true.  I'm going to assume the 601s will be serviced by standard buses only.

Hopefully eventually Artics because Delta is growing fast. Mills, Commons and that new complex in Ladner. 

On 3/24/2017 at 5:19 PM, kw2533 said:

How can I see other routes?  This link is just for the 301.  I tried changing the "301" part in this link,  but did not work.

7 minutes ago, gdt717 said:

How can I see other routes?  This link is just for the 301.  I tried changing the "301" part in this link,  but did not work.

My instructions are on page 70 of this forum. The code for the 301 is 309380 for eastbound and 309381 for westbound.

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/hiwire?.a=iHeadwaySheet&LineDirId=309381&Date=05-29-2017

I took a (long) peek at the April sheets, and these are some of the changes I've found:

Summary:

301 - Peak frequency increased on weekdays

319 - New peak trips

401 - Peak and evenings increased

403 - Peak decreased slightly

410 - Peak and evenings increased

501 - Evenings increased

502 - Peak and evenings increased

555 - Peak times adjusted

C3 - Service extended to midnight

C4 - Increased service, PM and evening

C45 - New peak trips

C50 - Service doubled on weekdays

C51 - Midday service doubled

C52 - All day service doubled (except evenings)

C53 - Midday service doubled

Detailed Version:

301 - M-F Peak increased from 30 to 20min (mentioned)

401 - M-F To Horseshoe Way: AM Any 10min frequency increased to 8min, Any 12min frequency increased to 10min. PM 4-6pm 8min, 30min frequency extended to 11pm from 10pm

To Chatham: No increases, times adjusted, 30min frequency extended from 10pm to midnight

403 - M-F To Riverport:  PM Peak decreased from 12 to 15min

410 - M-F Peak increased to 5-6min, After 10pm, frequency increased to 20min from 30min

319 - M-F 3 trips added in each direction in both AM and PM Peak

501 - M-F 7pm-10pm increased from 60 to 30min (both directions), all complete journeys

502 - M-F To Langley Centre: AM Any 10min increased to 8-9min, 15min increased to 12min, PM Any 4:20-5pm increased to 6min, 15min increased to 10min, 7-9pm increased to 12min from 15min,

To Surrey Central: AM Any 5-8min increased to 5-6min, 15min increased to 12min, PM any 15min increased to 10min, 10min increased to 8min, 15min increased to 12min,

M-S 30min service increased to 2am

555 M-F To Carvolth: AM any 10min increased to 8min, 7min to 6min, PM any 10min increased to 8min, 8-9min to 6-7min, peak hours extended

To Lougheed AM any 8min increased to 6min, 8-9am decreased from 8min to 10min, PM any 8-9min increased to 6-7min, peak hours extended

C3 All days - Extended to midnight, all full trips

C4 Extend 30min service to midnight

C45 Extra trips, 1 in AM and 1 in PM peak

C50 Mon to Fri All day increased from 60 to 30min

C51 Mon to Fri Midday increased from 60 to 30min

C52 Mon to Fri 9am-7pm increased from 60 to 30min

C53 Mon to Fri Midday from 60 to 30min

I guess it's totally dependant on how far you go.  If you take it into Tsawwassen like you do, it's be nice, but for me I get off at highway 17a so yeah.  Same reason why I wouldn't want Orions on the 701.  It benefits the mission commuters but is disconvenience to me because I get off at oxford.

45 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

I'm not, because I'll most likely be standing on the 601 because those conventional buses have a lot less seats. And, if I manage to get a seat, the seats are a lot less comfy than the orions.  

Comfy seats versus actually being able to get on or albeit get a damn seat - your choice.

1 hour ago, Wilson2003 said:

I took a (long) peek at the April sheets, and these are some of the changes I've found:

Summary:

301 - Peak frequency increased on weekdays

319 - New peak trips

401 - Peak and evenings increased

403 - Peak decreased slightly

410 - Peak and evenings increased

501 - Evenings increased

502 - Peak and evenings increased

555 - Peak times adjusted

C3 - Service extended to midnight

C4 - Increased service, PM and evening

C45 - New peak trips

C50 - Service doubled on weekdays

C51 - Midday service doubled

C52 - All day service doubled (except evenings)

C53 - Midday service doubled

Detailed Version:

301 - M-F Peak increased from 30 to 20min (mentioned)

401 - M-F To Horseshoe Way: AM Any 10min frequency increased to 8min, Any 12min frequency increased to 10min. PM 4-6pm 8min, 30min frequency extended to 11pm from 10pm

To Chatham: No increases, times adjusted, 30min frequency extended from 10pm to midnight

403 - M-F To Riverport:  PM Peak decreased from 12 to 15min

410 - M-F Peak increased to 5-6min, After 10pm, frequency increased to 20min from 30min

319 - M-F 3 trips added in each direction in both AM and PM Peak

501 - M-F 7pm-10pm increased from 60 to 30min (both directions), all complete journeys

502 - M-F To Langley Centre: AM Any 10min increased to 8-9min, 15min increased to 12min, PM Any 4:20-5pm increased to 6min, 15min increased to 10min, 7-9pm increased to 12min from 15min,

To Surrey Central: AM Any 5-8min increased to 5-6min, 15min increased to 12min, PM any 15min increased to 10min, 10min increased to 8min, 15min increased to 12min,

M-S 30min service increased to 2am

555 M-F To Carvolth: AM any 10min increased to 8min, 7min to 6min, PM any 10min increased to 8min, 8-9min to 6-7min, peak hours extended

To Lougheed AM any 8min increased to 6min, 8-9am decreased from 8min to 10min, PM any 8-9min increased to 6-7min, peak hours extended

C3 All days - Extended to midnight, all full trips

C4 Extend 30min service to midnight

C45 Extra trips, 1 in AM and 1 in PM peak

C50 Mon to Fri All day increased from 60 to 30min

C51 Mon to Fri Midday increased from 60 to 30min

C52 Mon to Fri 9am-7pm increased from 60 to 30min

C53 Mon to Fri Midday from 60 to 30min

Or you could have quoted nname on page 69...

53 minutes ago, Opal said:

The Orions are horrible for me.  Sure, the backs and bottoms are soft, but there's no leg room.  The XD40s have much better legroom on the seats that are available.

Seconded. The leg room is so bad that it's literally impossible to sit. I laugh at people who complain about airplane seats, compared to the Orions. I wouldn't mind standing, but the problem is it's not really acceptable to stand when there are seats available, because then you're blocking everyone trying to get out using the single aisle. It's really a terrible configuration.

6 hours ago, Stormscape said:

I can basically only sit in the old folk's area on an Orion, and I don't even have long legs. I have no idea how people can comfortably sit in an Orion for over an hour.

Im 5'4". I sit behind the wheelwell (or the row behind the wheelchairs) and I usually am comfortable. I get a good spot in line just to recline my seat and roll forward the seat in front of me for maximum space.

Once in the last year I have been told to roll forward my seat xD

4 minutes ago, cleowin said:

How about we remove all seating and make it standing room only?

I was thinking, what if you could fold up the entire disabled section to make it a standing room only section? Then move the disabled section upstairs, no wheelchairs or walkers.