Transit Service Discussion (Articulated/Conventional/Shuttle/Skytrain/Seabus)

cleowin

From the September 2016 change:

With the closure of NVTC, the 228 short turn terminus was moved north to Grand at 15th. For the first few days out of BTC, the last 2 trips going back to the garage were signed as "228 3RD AND ST DAVIDS" but only went to Grand and 15th. This was later fixed when someone filed a report and had the paddles (or whatever) changed. 

Now I don't recall if there were any other routes that short turned at 3rd at St Davids and had their short turn termini moved somewhere else. Apparently the 246 has a Marine and Garden terminus - was that something I dont know about yet or was it a result of the September changes too?

6 hours ago, Express691 said:

From the September 2016 change:

With the closure of NVTC, the 228 short turn terminus was moved north to Grand at 15th. For the first few days out of BTC, the last 2 trips going back to the garage were signed as "228 3RD AND ST DAVIDS" but only went to Grand and 15th. This was later fixed when someone filed a report and had the paddles (or whatever) changed. 

Now I don't recall if there were any other routes that short turned at 3rd at St Davids and had their short turn termini moved somewhere else. Apparently the 246 has a Marine and Garden terminus - was that something I dont know about yet or was it a result of the September changes too?

Those 246 Marine and Garden trips already existed, they are mostly trips that connect with late night seabus trips and just do the North Van part of the route.

The N24 and 242 had some short turns that were trips that were to/from the yard that were cancelled with the move.

January saw an increase service on SeaBus and SkyTrain:

• Canada Line: more frequent service during peak hours on weekdays
  • Expo and Millennium Lines: weekday peak-hour service has been extended and mid-day and early evening service on weekends has been increased. On weekends, improvements to service during mid-day and early evenings means trains will run every 3-6 minutes.
  • SeaBus: service is doubled on Sundays and holidays, with sailings every 15 minutes from 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.

What was with lack of information about service change before it happened? 

13 minutes ago, Blue Bus Fan said:

January saw an increase service on SeaBus and SkyTrain:

What was with lack of information about service change before it happened? 

Theyre going to get announced today - go on Instagram and see Translink's story.

Thats where I found out that consultation for the Broadway Extension and Surrey Rapid Transit begins on January 24, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-01-17-09-56-06.png

3 hours ago, Express691 said:

Theyre going to get announced today - go on Instagram and see Translink's story.

Thats where I found out that consultation for the Broadway Extension and Surrey Rapid Transit begins on January 24, 2017.

Screenshot_2017-01-17-09-56-06.png

The new green line?

19 minutes ago, Stormscape said:

at least they appear to have come to their senses and the Langley line isn't labeled LRT anymore

Clearly not if they are still labeling anything with LRT, especially since it isn't going to do anything good for traffic or improve travel time, I think the whole idea is garbage, just something to pull in extra attention in my opinion

1 minute ago, Express691 said:

We'll see what happens April sheet.

I hope they'll have new boxes on order otherwise they'll be lots of free rides :) I suppose instead of reinstalling the Tcomm radio system they'll install cell phones like they did with the D40's back in 2010?

5 hours ago, GORDOOM said:

Or they could do what London did, and make buses Compass-only.

On a related/unrelated note, I wish the buses had more readers at the front... it's rather problematic having to line up for the one and only one beside the driver...

Also, does anyone know if I can add coins to a Compass card? (has a stash of less-than-$1s somewhere that he wants to dump)

Did the 049 UBC/Metrotown get reduced service for UBC on this sheet verses the September sheet weekdays? I just noticed in the public timetable that the last 049 UBC leaves Metrotown at 912pm M-F Where as on Saturday the last trip to UBC leaves Metrotown at 1125pm Sundays/Holidays 1108pm. It doesn't make sense to reduce the weekday service verses the weekend. Going by memory when service was improved back in Sept I'm pretty sure I remember seeing all service going to UBC except 1 run would terminate at Dunbar Loop around 10ish?

7 minutes ago, dover5949 said:

Did the 049 UBC/Metrotown get reduced service for UBC on this sheet verses the September sheet weekdays? I just noticed in the public timetable that the last 049 UBC leaves Metrotown at 912pm M-F Where as on Saturday the last trip to UBC leaves Metrotown at 1125pm Sundays/Holidays 1108pm. It doesn't make sense to reduce the weekday service verses the weekend.

Nope, no major changes to the 49 this sheet.  It's not that weekday service was cut, so much as weekday service was never increased.  When the 49 moved to VTC in September the Saturday and Sunday schedules were rewritten for artics and to have all trips going to UBC, while the weekday schedule was left unchanged.  This leads to the odd setup of having service to UBC start later and end earlier on weekdays than weekends, as well as having half the evening trips on weekdays terminate at Dunbar Loop, whereas all evening trips go to UBC on weekends.  

7 minutes ago, Michael Marriott said:

Nope, no major changes to the 49 this sheet.  It's not that weekday service was cut, so much as weekday service was never increased.  When the 49 moved to VTC in September the Saturday and Sunday schedules were rewritten for artics and to have all trips going to UBC, while the weekday schedule was left unchanged.  This leads to the odd setup of having service to UBC start later and end earlier on weekdays than weekends, as well as having half the evening trips on weekdays terminate at Dunbar Loop, whereas all evening trips go to UBC on weekends.  

I don't understand why weekend service has better service then weekdays to UBC? Usually reduction to service is on weekends verses weekdays.

Thanks Michael for the reply.

18 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

On a related/unrelated note, I wish the buses had more readers at the front... it's rather problematic having to line up for the one and only one beside the driver...

Also, does anyone know if I can add coins to a Compass card? (has a stash of less-than-$1s somewhere that he wants to dump)

Just go to a Compass Vending Machine and dump them in.

8 minutes ago, Dr. BusFreak said:

I read the article and it says only 18 trains will be used, not all 20. 

per the article:

Correction: The article has been corrected to state that 18 of the 20 trains operate during weekday peak hours.

the article originally read that all 20 would be used.