York University Busway

so does any one have any idea of when the TTC will decide on starting construction of the Busway to york?, in my opinion i don't think the TTC will ever be able to build it, judging on how freakign slow they are when it comes to building new projects. so does any one else think that the TTC will ever build it or not?

so does any one have any idea of when the TTC will decide on starting construction of the Busway to york?, in my opinion i don't think the TTC will ever be able to build it, judging on how freakign slow they are when it comes to building new projects. so does any one else think that the TTC will ever build it or not?

Didn't you get an answer on the other board for the million times you asked this question?

The EA for the project was recently completed, and a contract for design and engineering is about to be awarded. Barring any unforeseen obstacles, construction should start in July 2007, and be completed about a year later.

ohh that's good too hear :), lets just hope that ellis don dosen't the contract :(

I'm curious to know if it will be one lane with a shoulder? Or will there be no shoulder? Will the two directions be seperated? Will other busses be allowed to take advantage of it? Such as the VIVA and GO transit busses? Or will it be exclusive for the TTC?

I'm curious to know if it will be one lane with a shoulder? Or will there be no shoulder? Will the two directions be seperated? Will other busses be allowed to take advantage of it? Such as the VIVA and GO transit busses? Or will it be exclusive for the TTC?

if it's connecting with a york region transit route then yes it will be for both the TTC and york region transit, but i don't know about GO

It would be really stupid if they decided to destroy the busway when the subway is built unless the subway is built on that same right of way.

Edit: I just realized that this is my 100th post on the new board!

Edited by Orion VIII