Buzz2kb

New Orleans RTA

I got something, but hear me out. By no means would I post anything from Wikipedia, but this information here appears to be legit as VINs are provided and they never interfered with any other Orion V with those VINs. I've also taken the time to check before making the edits. Some Coach USA Orion Vs link up with these same VINs too, so I've made edits in response to the information below. It also shows where those rejected Orion Vs went. What does everyone think?

http://www.wikiwand.com/en/Talk:MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_bus_fleet#/Green_Bus_Orions_were_NOT_from_WMATA!

I've added all the serial numbers for the Orion Vs, including the cancelled Orion Vs from this order that New Orleans had. Several of these cancelled buses went to Green Bus Lines, Queens Surface, Gray Line, and Red & Tan.

Anyone see this?

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_4829860c-a051-11ea-b4e3-bbc89b31fe44.html

After years with Transdev -- in two or three different contractual configurations -- NORTA is taking its service in-house.

I welcome the change. Transdev did decent work. But, as NOLA stabilizes and grows, this is a logical move to get the city on its own two feet.

Fleet-wise, gotta wonder what their next buses will be. It was a fairly reliable Orion customer on-and-off since the mid 1990s. They've purchased New Flyer buses, but it always seemed kind of "last resort". Their oldest Orions are due for replacement... so we'll find out soon how this fleet matures.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 12:31 AM, Border City Transit said:

Anyone see this?

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/article_4829860c-a051-11ea-b4e3-bbc89b31fe44.html

After years with Transdev -- in two or three different contractual configurations -- NORTA is taking its service in-house.

I welcome the change. Transdev did decent work. But, as NOLA stabilizes and grows, this is a logical move to get the city on its own two feet.

Fleet-wise, gotta wonder what their next buses will be. It was a fairly reliable Orion customer on-and-off since the mid 1990s. They've purchased New Flyer buses, but it always seemed kind of "last resort". Their oldest Orions are due for replacement... so we'll find out soon how this fleet matures.

Those 2008 NG diesels aren't that old and could remain in service for another 3 or 4 years. Besides, didn't NORTA just get XD40s a few months ago?

So I was looking at their bus fleet, where and when could the MCIs be found, if they're still used?

And is there any roster of the 900 series streetcars? The Wiki shows that there's still 35 active, but not which ones specifically.