How-to on uploading images & linking images

Kevin L

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Instead of getting a destination filename, or description, it will upload my image into a link, such as www.awyesnet... or whatever, it's after that point where im confused.

Are you using the Upload Images on the wiki itself or the one at the top of this board? (Upload an Image, beside history and View New Content)

Are you using the Upload Images on the wiki itself or the one at the top of this board? (Upload an Image, beside history and View New Content)

I was using the "upload an image" on the main page, i'm guessing this is where I went wrong? Lmfao.

But still, a new problem arises, when I go to the other "upload image" area, I will follow all the instructions, where, each time, i'm presented with this in yellow text.

• It is recommended that files are no larger than 204800; this file is $2.

I have changed of the suffix four times. I'm not sure what to do from here.

• Board Admin

Any photo larger than 200KB will give that error - at the bottom just check off the "Ignore any warnings" checkbox, and this should let you upload the photo.

I plan on upgrading all software this summer and hopefully remove that problem as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting problem this evening... Click here: http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Saskatoon_Transit_9511-9516#Details

I am trying to add an image of 9511 and added in the link for it - "[[image:Saskatoon Transit 9511-a.jpg|128px]]", and save it, it will not give me link to click on to upload the image. Instead it gives me a grey box "Error in creating thumbnail", but if I change the file name to "[[image:Saskatoon Transit 9511-b.jpg|128px]]", it works fine. I guess I shall leave it as "[[image:Saskatoon Transit 9511-a.jpg|128px]]" then? I can do that, but I think this issue should be seen by admin before I change it. I did try changing it back to 9511-a and it still gave me same error.

• 4 weeks later...

I am encountering an issue in terms of how to take a photo that is saved now to my CPU and to put it as part of my signature. However, upon trying to update the signature with the image I want, the only tool I was looking to sue, but couldn't, was "image". Problem is that the image icon, when clicked, gives me a separate window requiring a link to the image. My image is no longer a link as it's saved. How can I take the saved image into my signature?

I am encountering an issue in terms of how to take a photo that is saved now to my CPU and to put it as part of my signature. However, upon trying to update the signature with the image I want, the only tool I was looking to sue, but couldn't, was "image". Problem is that the image icon, when clicked, gives me a separate window requiring a link to the image. My image is no longer a link as it's saved. How can I take the saved image into my signature?

First off, by CPU, I think you mean HDD :P Your CPU is your processor and your HDD is your hard drive, where your documents are stored.

To answer your question:

You need to first upload your image online to an image host, in order to get a link for that image. Something like this or this or this. Then copy the link into the box where you have to paste the link for your image. You picture should now appear. Keep in mind that you may need to re-size it accordingly in order to get the desired size of your image and you can do that with Photoshop (what I use) or even Paint (click the "Resize" button on the toolbar).

Hope this helps! :)

I'm still havign the problem. But to be specific...
Due to my visual impairment, I wasn't able to see or notice the code to use so I can then paste it as my URL for the image to appear in my signature. So, when I try to re-upload it, it says the file was already uploaded and accepted. So, I can't find that pic which is uploaded on the host here, by the way. It's that, knowing it already exists, it would be nice if I was tos ee that code so I can use it.

I'm still havign the problem. But to be specific...

Due to my visual impairment, I wasn't able to see or notice the code to use so I can then paste it as my URL for the image to appear in my signature. So, when I try to re-upload it, it says the file was already uploaded and accepted. So, I can't find that pic which is uploaded on the host here, by the way. It's that, knowing it already exists, it would be nice if I was tos ee that code so I can use it.

If you're using the awesysnet.ca/cptdb (the link in the top header titled "Upload an Image") just copy the link below and replace the bracket section with the file name including the suffix (.jpg, .jpeg, .gif., .png etc.) that you have already uploaded. You should then be able to find your previously uploaded image. That very same link can then be used in the "image" link window when you go update your signature.

Link:

http://www.awesysnet.ca/cptdb/uploads/[File name with suffix]