Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

BusRider

Thompson Transit

Here are a few shots of Thompson Transit, taken at the Grey Goose Bus Lines garage yesterday. It appears that 398 (Thomas Saf-T-Liner) and 399 (Bluebird Q-bus) are being kept as backup vehicles for now.

Still no livery on the New Flyers though other than a city logo on the front (partially obscured by the bike rack).

Thompson_Transit__398___22MAY11.jpg

Thompson_Transit__399___22MAY11.jpg

Thompson_Transit_002_and_001___22MAY11.jpg

Here are a few shots of Thompson Transit, taken at the Grey Goose Bus Lines garage yesterday. It appears that 398 (Thomas Saf-T-Liner) and 399 (Bluebird Q-bus) are being kept as backup vehicles for now.

Still no livery on the New Flyers though other than a city logo on the front (partially obscured by the bike rack).

I gust you didn't get any inside pictures of the D35LFR?

There's one on my website. It was taken through the chain link fence at Grey Goose's Burnell Street garage in 2005. It's a head-on shot... all you could get through the fence at the time.

Still good enough for me! Thanks :)

Went through Thompson Transit site, still no news at all, even with all the new developments around the city.

There's four pictures on my Flickr account. You can find them at: http://www.flickr.co...157606975488323

Do they still run that Fishbowl?

Here is a shot of one of the Grey Goose Orion 1 buses that operated for Thompson Transit. It is taken at the Winnipeg Grey Goose garage in June 2001.

Nice shot Kevin. It has a smaller rear window i did notice and it has a flat tire :P

Do they still run that Fishbowl?

I dont believe so, just the two D35LFRs.

Better question is, where did those New Looks end up! Hopefully not as scrap, I dont think any transit fanner would want to run around Northern Manitoba looking for two overgrown, rusting Fishies :P

I dont believe so, just the two D35LFRs.

Better question is, where did those New Looks end up! Hopefully not as scrap, I dont think any transit fanner would want to run around Northern Manitoba looking for two overgrown, rusting Fishies :P

I've been meaning to head out to Selkirk for the past few years and still haven't gone. It'll be much longer before I go to Thompson. Maybe whenever Westjet decides to bring Encore out here to these parts.

I've been meaning to head out to Selkirk for the past few years and still haven't gone. It'll be much longer before I go to Thompson. Maybe whenever Westjet decides to bring Encore out here to these parts.

Same, even before I got into CPTDB, I've wanted to see Lower Fort Garry just south of it!

There's one on my website. It was taken through the chain link fence at Grey Goose's Burnell Street garage in 2005. It's a head-on shot... all you could get through the fence at the time.

Nice! That bus sure has a lot of history! It first ran the beginning of it's career for Golden Gate Transit in the San Francisco area, then to Pacific Coach Lines in Vancouver and then later to Victoria as their #6770, then to Laidlaw Transportation as 6770 in Victoria, then to Thompson Transit under Grey Goose as 6770, then to Beaver Bus Lines #40 of which it was recently sold off IIRC.

Greyhound notified the City of Thompson by letter on July 18th that Greyhound would terminate its operating contract for Thompson Transit effective 31 October 2018.