Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

MCW Metrobus

Victoria Regional Transit System

19 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

According to the Wiki, 9469 is a Victoria bus. It's probably just never (or rarely) used for revenue service since it's a demo bus for that NextRide system. See photo for proof that it was on the road (Route 52 tripper). 

I haven't seen any Flyers in the old livery, but I have seen many Darts come out to Langford. 0221, 0222, 0223, 9071. 9071 is in decent mechanical condition and the mechanics expect it could make it 20 years (2020). 

Screenshot_20181210-065414_Chrome.jpg

I was in Victoria this past weekend and saw a couple flyers in the old livery running around. I saw 8105 on saturday and i wasnt really paying too much attention to the one i saw yesterday but i want to say it was 8113. It was whistling alot when accelerating and it had LED headlights

I checked out 0222 which is the first Dart to have the NextRide system equipped. 

Was not expecting them to mount the next stop display on the ceiling, as it's mounted on the bulkhead on the shuttle. Minor bugs with it, it doesn't announce the route outside the bus, only inside, the volume is very loud and can't be lowered, and it doesn't tie in with the Transit App. 

nextride screen 0222.jpg

nextride control screen 0222.jpg

nextride wiring.jpg

26 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

I checked out 0222 which is the first Dart to have the NextRide system equipped. 

Was not expecting them to mount the next stop display on the ceiling, as it's mounted on the bulkhead on the shuttle. Minor bugs with it, it doesn't announce the route outside the bus, only inside, the volume is very loud and can't be lowered, and it doesn't tie in with the Transit App. 

Considering how quickly the Darts will be replaced with Vicinitys, its not a huge surprise they're doing the bare minimum in the meantime. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

nextride screen 0222.jpg

nextride control screen 0222.jpg

nextride wiring.jpg

I'm not sure if the route announcement only inside the bus is a bug, it was doing that on every Kamloops bus I rode a couple months back while I was visiting there with their NextRide system.  Not sure if they've equipped them to do an outside the announcement, but in my opinion I don't mind how it does it inside instead of outside because I was even able to hear it from outside the front door of the buses there while it played from the interior.

35 minutes ago, T.Hickinaly said:

Any ideas when Victoria's next ride system will be put into service?

Summer is what I was told. 

Buses are slowly getting retrofitted, 1-2 buses per day. 

Can confirm the 1996 D40LFs are still alive and well, spotted 8098, 8107, and 8112. 

Also 9746 and 9748 recently arrived at VTC from Kelowna. 

3 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Can confirm the 1996 D40LFs are still alive and well, spotted 8098, 8107, and 8112. 

8105 and 8117 are also around.  Im pretty convinced I saw 9071 running a 3 yesterday, but was a little far to get the number with absolute certainty.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Any idea if 8099, 8110, 9754, 9755, 9818, and 9820 have gone back to Victoria? Those units aswell as all of the ex Abbotsford and ex Squamish Darts that were stored in Whistler appear to be gone

8099 / 8110 yes to Victoria. I've seen them recently-ish. 

13 hours ago, T.Hickinaly said:

8105 and 8117 are also around.  Im pretty convinced I saw 9071 running a 3 yesterday, but was a little far to get the number with absolute certainty.  

It's possible; 9071 was out in Langford just a couple weeks ago doing "shuttle runs". Might have moved out to VTC recently?

10 hours ago, Rd320 said:

Any idea if 8099, 8110, 9754, 9755, 9818, and 9820 have gone back to Victoria? Those units aswell as all of the ex Abbotsford and ex Squamish Darts that were stored in Whistler appear to be gone

Alot of buses are "MIA" right now since they're installing NextRide equipment inside various buses in Victoria. 

Updated some of the Victoria wiki with which buses have Nextride installed so far. 

IMPORTART UPDATE:
BC Transit has locked the Victoria Nextride page *Here* until further notice. It's not going to be fully operational until closer to April. 

22 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Updated some of the Victoria wiki with which buses have Nextride installed so far. 

IMPORTART UPDATE:
BC Transit has locked the Victoria Nextride page *Here* until further notice. It's not going to be fully operational until closer to April. 

Where on the Victoria wiki may I see which busses have been updated? 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if 9507 is going to be repaired, or has it been written off? It is not showing on the January 2019 fleet roster I have.

Also - are there any confirmed 1996 D40LF units operating in service? None listed on my roster but there are a bunch still in the contingency fleet, and a few posts above seemed to indicate a few were in service.

In Victoria as of this week: 8105, 8107, 8112 and 8117 9746 and 9748 for sure, 8098 is in the shop AFAIK,  9734 never made it to service, flunked inspection and was last seen Friday night at VTC wearing scrap tires.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Les Broughton said:

In Victoria as of this week: 8105, 8107, 8112 and 8117 9746 and 9748 for sure, 8098 is in the shop AFAIK,  9734 never made it to service, flunked inspection and was last seen Friday night at VTC wearing scrap tires.

8098 was out yesterday (Wednesday). Could be in the shop today though. 

On 2/6/2019 at 3:45 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

Just saw 9049 in LTC garage and it has CCTV cameras mounted outside the bus.

20190206_141056.jpg

Saw 9047 with cameras this morning aswell, i guess the 2004’s will be around long enough that they thought it would be worth it

46 minutes ago, Rd320 said:

Saw 9047 with cameras this morning aswell, i guess the 2004’s will be around long enough that they thought it would be worth it

Ditto, saw 9047 along Old Island Hwy as a 50. I could only assume all 9040s will have exterior cameras. 

14 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

A Grande West Vicinity CNG was spotted at Victoria Transit garage last Monday (Feb 18). 

vicinity cng.jpg

New unit for one of the CNG systems?