MCW Metrobus

Victoria Regional Transit System

More 35-ft Vicinitys have arrived (4458, 4459, 4460) this past week. 

9514, 2008 Enviro500, has been refurbished quite recently. Interior has silver stanchions like 9001-9010 and reupholstered seats to match the Novas. 

1 hour ago, T.Hickinaly said:

I am 95% sure I saw 9842 on a 75 heading downtown today...would be sure except the wiki says its been decommissioned.  

It's possible, unless it was 9852??

Definitely not 9852.  The ads on the side of it were different than what I'd seen before, which is what caught my eye.  Sure enough I looked and there was 9842.  I'm going to be out on the roads tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Not sure what happened, seen this in the early AM (5:55am) on Leigh Road close to Langford garage. 

20181128_055606.jpg

The photo I sent not very clear.

What is special about this image?

26 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

The photo I sent not very clear.

What is special about this image?

Operator was on stretcher, bus had its four-way flashers on. Unsure what happened 

17 hours ago, elib300 said:

I can confirm 9842 is here. Saw it today downtown!

I saw it at Langford Exchange this morning. Can only assume it's out of LTC? 

9842.jpg

Interesting on 9842, they towed it out of Abby, which is usually a bad sign. We were also told it was going to scrap, but that isn't always true. Glad to hear it's out there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, T.Hickinaly said:

9746 is in service in Victoria.  Was doing a 6 yesterday evening.  

If CPTDB is correct, it came from Kelowna. Kelowna probably doesn't need it since they received over 15 new Novas. 

So far, 2506(Arboc) and 9469(Nova) have been fitted with the NextRide system. Will post updates on this thread when more buses become NextRide equipped. 

9 minutes ago, Matt Dunlop said:

So far, 2506(Arboc) and 9469(Nova) have been fitted with the NextRide system. Will post updates on this thread when more buses become NextRide equipped. 

I don't even think 9469 is victoria based anymore...

22 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

If CPTDB is correct, it came from Kelowna. Kelowna probably doesn't need it since they received over 15 new Novas. 

Just bizarre because the only 97-- i've seen in the last 6 months is 9702, and even that i've only seen a couple times a month of late.  

4 hours ago, T.Hickinaly said:

I don't even think 9469 is victoria based anymore...

Just bizarre because the only 97-- i've seen in the last 6 months is 9702, and even that i've only seen a couple times a month of late.  

According to the Wiki, 9469 is a Victoria bus. It's probably just never (or rarely) used for revenue service since it's a demo bus for that NextRide system. See photo for proof that it was on the road (Route 52 tripper). 

I haven't seen any Flyers in the old livery, but I have seen many Darts come out to Langford. 0221, 0222, 0223, 9071. 9071 is in decent mechanical condition and the mechanics expect it could make it 20 years (2020). 

Screenshot_20181210-065414_Chrome.jpg