Victoria Regional Transit System

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 5:09 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

Minor bugs with it, it doesn't announce the route outside the bus, only inside, the volume is very loud and can't be lowered, and it doesn't tie in with the Transit App. 

Remind you of anything? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

https://www.apnews.com/ACCESSWIRE/390d7220f10a38d15b5355c34a162e05

BC Transit has ordered 30 new Vicinity Natural Gas (CNG) buses for $13,000,000. 

I read an article on BC Transit’s website and it mentioned that these will be the 30’ version and that there will be 34 total. It doesn’t say exactly where they’re going but it mentions the new transit facilities in Campbell River, Cowichan Valley, and Abbotsford being CNG equiped though i doubt any of these will go to Abbotsford. Also maybe Nanaimo and Kamloops to replace community shuttles?

The CNG order isn't really specific to Victoria and should be in the general fleet discussion instead. But in any case, Mission, which is part of the Central Fraser Valley system, could use shorter buses. IIRC they had a fleet of Dennis Darts running around back when I last visited many years ago.

5 hours ago, Millennium2002 said:

The CNG order isn't really specific to Victoria and should be in the general fleet discussion instead. But in any case, Mission, which is part of the Central Fraser Valley system, could use shorter buses. IIRC they had a fleet of Dennis Darts running around back when I last visited many years ago.

Only time will tell where the buses go, I have heard that LTC Langford garage will be running CNG buses in the near future. 

On 4/8/2019 at 8:55 PM, T.Hickinaly said:

Apparently the Victoria next ride system won't be in place until late July.... 

The only buses not equipped with NextRide are the Vicinitys, New Flyers, and double deckers. Only 2-3 New Flyers have NextRide so far, 2-3 deckers, and 1 Vicinity (4062). Arbocs will likely not get fitted with NextRide as they're not staying around for too much longer. Every Dart has it as far as I have seen. 

6 hours ago, T.Hickinaly said:

Most of the '09 Novas and all the '15 novas have been outfitted with it.   I believe 9828 has been outfitted too. 

Every Nova has NextRide now, including the 2013s, 2015. The 2009s have a flaw however; the NextRide screen covers the stop requested display. 

18 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

The only buses not equipped with NextRide are the Vicinitys, New Flyers, and double deckers. Only 2-3 New Flyers have NextRide so far, 2-3 deckers, and 1 Vicinity (4062). Arbocs will likely not get fitted with NextRide as they're not staying around for too much longer. Every Dart has it as far as I have seen. 

Every Nova has NextRide now, including the 2013s, 2015. The 2009s have a flaw however; the NextRide screen covers the stop requested display. 

An update to yours, there are still 2 Novas yet to receive Nextride. Nearly half of the Flyers and Arbocs are also complete. Installation on Vicinity buses began this week. 

On 4/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, CV92 said:

An update to yours, there are still 2 Novas yet to receive Nextride. Nearly half of the Flyers and Arbocs are also complete. Installation on Vicinity buses began this week. 

I noticed that... I think half of the Vicinitys have NextRide now (or more) and at least the display doesn't block the stop requested sign like the first batch of Novas. 

The NextRide on the Dennis Darts doesn't change the sign though.... 

20190411_070432.thumb.jpg.92858404d6cf54729ad3dadf9d2c5ad6.jpg

11 hours ago, T.Hickinaly said:

Was on 9838 this evening which has nextride installed.  Unfortunately the situation with the stop requested sign is worse on the New Flyers as the  only stop requested sign gets completely blocked.  

Come to think about it, I saw 9826 on layover at UVic the other day, I asked the operator if I could get a picture of his NextRide system. It appeared that they took the Stop Requested sign out completely! 

I'm hoping BC Transit can make it so the NextRide display can say "Stop Requested" like it does in Edmonton.