Victoria Regional Transit System

9702 is back at VTC and has been running 2s for the last couple of days.  More buses from Whistler (9403, 9404, 9405, 9406, 9407, 9410, 9411, 9412, 9414) are being delivered, mostly to LTC. 

Does anybody know if the 8100s are coming back to Victoria?  

EDIT:  saw 9525 has been transferred to LTC from Kelowna.  

26 minutes ago, T.Hickinaly said:

9702 is back at VTC and has been running 2s for the last couple of days.  More buses from Penticton (9403, 9404, 9405, 9406, 9407, 9410, 9411, 9412, 9414) are being delivered, mostly to LTC. 

Does anybody know if the 8100s are coming back to Victoria?  

The 94xx LFS buses you mentioned have returned from Whistler, not Penticton, where they were displaced by new XN40 buses. They were originally transferred from Victoria to Whistler in Winter 2014 to replace the H40LFR buses.

Any remaining units in the 81xx series are contingency units, so they may return to Victoria for storage in between assignments, but the chance of that is unlikely. They will probably be scrapped in the near future.

3 hours ago, Articulated said:

The 94xx LFS buses you mentioned have returned from Whistler, not Penticton, where they were displaced by new XN40 buses. They were originally transferred from Victoria to Whistler in Winter 2014 to replace the H40LFR buses.

Any remaining units in the 81xx series are contingency units, so they may return to Victoria for storage in between assignments, but the chance of that is unlikely. They will probably be scrapped in the near future.

I was up in whistler today and 9415 still remains up there and has been brought back into service up there over the last few days. I also saw 9413 being driven by a mechanic a few weeks ago but i didnt see it at the yard or in service today so it may be back in victoria now too

17 hours ago, Rd320 said:

I was up in whistler today and 9415 still remains up there and has been brought back into service up there over the last few days. I also saw 9413 being driven by a mechanic a few weeks ago but i didnt see it at the yard or in service today so it may be back in victoria now too

Just saw 9410 on the Rt 50 today, the drivers side of the bus said "Resort Municipality of Whistler". 

• 2 weeks later...

After being on property for a while, the BYD demonstrator is scheduled to officially enter revenue service on July 23rd. It is expected to show up on routes 2, 4, 11, and 27 during the first week (which sounds like it may appear on other runs and routes after the first week).

https://bctransit.com/victoria/news/article?nid=1403650193974

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2018 at 5:41 PM, Matt Dunlop said:

Vicinity #4060 wouldn't start today. Operator received #9890 as a replacement. 

It's very possible the batteries died. They seem to have shelf life of only a year. We've had the same happen to multiple Vicinitys here in Vernon. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Iron said:

It's very possible the batteries died. They seem to have shelf life of only a year. We've had the same happen to multiple Vicinitys here in Vernon. 

Yeah we've been having the same issues in Chilliwack

On 8/3/2018 at 11:17 PM, Iron said:

Been told by operators that the A/C has to be turned off while on layover as well since it keeps running while the bus is off (at least ours do) 

16 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

Been told by operators that the A/C has to be turned off while on layover as well since it keeps running while the bus is off (at least ours do) 

That must be an issue on the second order. Ours don't do this, and I haven't heard of any other buses from the initial order doing this either. 

2 hours ago, Iron said:

That must be an issue on the second order. Ours don't do this, and I haven't heard of any other buses from the initial order doing this either. 

I think the specific bus that died (4060) was from the first order. It was originally 4005. Could have been just a bad battery like you said though 

20 hours ago, Matt Dunlop said:

No seeing that problem in Abby or Chilliwack.