Victoria Regional Transit System

In regards to insurance, I do know that in the past, when we were doing the Funtastic Festival charters in the summer, BC Transit wouldn't pay the insurance so the city had to foot the bill, plates and papers still stayed the same on the buses, but I'm assuming they just had to get some sort of extra insurance.

The cruise buses would have been deplated bu BCT, then reinsured by Wilson's, and as the PT numbers on the buses suggest, while at Wilson's they are operating under the Tillicum Stages Lines Passenger Transportation License. Any time a bus moves between systems it is reinsured by the receiving system, this is not much different.

Note 9752 and 9759 at VTC last night.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Matt has posted photos of some of the vehicles for the cruise shuttles this year, but I couldn't find a full list. In any event, here are the 5 units loaned to Wilsons. Apologies if I missed an earlier post with this information:

NOVAs 9327, 9342, 9364

Deckers 9506, 9507

Unrelated, 9527 was in the Victoria Day parade and was done up for some promotion for, I believe, Tourism Victoria. It's been a few days since I took a look at it so I can't remember exactly what it was about.

I know Matt has posted photos of some of the vehicles for the cruise shuttles this year, but I couldn't find a full list. In any event, here are the 5 units loaned to Wilsons. Apologies if I missed an earlier post with this information:

NOVAs 9327, 9342, 9364

Deckers 9506, 9507

Unrelated, 9527 was in the Victoria Day parade and was done up for some promotion for, I believe, Tourism Victoria. It's been a few days since I took a look at it so I can't remember exactly what it was about.

I saw 9527 going down Superior street loaded up with some office staff. Had a big sticker on the window of the top deck and I assumed it had left the parade.

I haven't been around Ogden Point for a while so I haven't seen whether the cruise shuttles have been out.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my photo of #9875 from back in October of 2009: http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=File:Kelowna_Regional_Transit_System_9875-c.jpg

And here's a shot of Victoria Community Bus Ford E450 Polar #2058 which does not currently appear on the Wiki section for either Community Shuttle or HandyDART.

Must have been transferred quite recently...

I noticed 2045 is not in the Wiki. It was transferred from a small community (so I heard) and has very low mileage.

Don't forget, April 22nd was the day when it started, so the supervisors were really cracking down on operators if they didn't call out the stops. Back on April 22nd, 99% of operators called out the stops.

Now however, alot less operators call out the stops because the supervisors aren't cracking down as much.

I am a Transit driver in Vancouver with 20+ years of service. We now have an automated stop announcement system. Prior to that I NEVER called out each and every stop. If you asked to be reminded of a particular stop, I responded that I would try to remember. I have ONE job to do and that is to operate a large, heavy motor vehicle in heavy traffic. Safety first. Just my two cents worth.

I am a Transit driver in Vancouver with 20+ years of service. We now have an automated stop announcement system. Prior to that I NEVER called out each and every stop. If you asked to be reminded of a particular stop, I responded that I would try to remember. I have ONE job to do and that is to operate a large, heavy motor vehicle in heavy traffic. Safety first. Just my two cents worth.

That's the thing. The people that implemented the policy likely don't ride the bus that much, let alone drive it.