Victoria Regional Transit System

The wants of operations in Victoria is a low priority for BCT management.

No actually I think that it is the Victoria Regional Transit Commission not giving more funding towards transit.

Why doesn't Capital Regional District ask the Provincial Government to have referendum with their transit system on how people want the transit system to be manage?

The question that could be ask. How should Victoria Regional Transit System be govern?

A. BC Transit and Victoria Regional Transit Commission approving fares, budget and service levels.

B. Complete transit take over by Capital Regional District without BC Transit operating or planning the services.

another saturday Dart bookout, 9074 was working the 6 yesterday early evening. Strange to see Balios signs on a 6 again.....

Interesting... Dart on the busiest route in the system. While at least the 6 runs frequently, it still needs a Nova or Flyer.

C'mon BC Transit. If you're gonna make a Dart do the 6, at least make it 9085. It actually has proper turn signals on the floor.

What routes do the Darts commonly operate on?

2, 3, 7, 12 (mornings), 15, 24, 25, 26 (evenings).

Once in a while, you'll see Darts running on heavy routes due to change-offs.

Keep in mind, before they turned into shuttle, Darts would be found on the 1 and 10 as well, all the time.

Darts are regularily booked out, Sunday through Friday, on the 2/7, 3, and 24/25. There are a few paddles that interline them onto another route to or from UVic for a single trip. All other bookouts are last ditch substitutions.

Forgot about the 12........

Been seeing the odd Nova or Flyer on the 12 recently, usually leaving UVic around 930 in the morning...

Darts are only "supposed" to be booked on the 3, 12-afternoons, 24/25 and on Sundays only also the 2/7. The morning conventional trips on the 12 are not supposed to be a Dart, hence why you've seen Novas and Flyers.

Last time another route had a scheduled Dart trip was when the 1 was conventional, the afternoon paddle included the 5:28PM NB 4 and the 6:00PM WB 14. With the current bus situation, they are forced onto other routes almost every day - there is even a Dart running out of LTC off and on since January.

There are supposed to be 12 Darts booked out Weekdays, some peak hour only (April sheet has 10); 5 on Saturday, and 8 on Sunday,.

Darts are only "supposed" to be booked on the 3, 12-afternoons, 24/25 and on Sundays only also the 2/7. The morning conventional trips on the 12 are not supposed to be a Dart, hence why you've seen Novas and Flyers.

Last time another route had a scheduled Dart trip was when the 1 was conventional, the afternoon paddle included the 5:28PM NB 4 and the 6:00PM WB 14. With the current bus situation, they are forced onto other routes almost every day - there is even a Dart running out of LTC off and on since January.

There are supposed to be 12 Darts booked out Weekdays, some peak hour only (April sheet has 10); 5 on Saturday, and 8 on Sunday,.

I haven't been out in University Heights area since November (I moved). But I know when I did live in that area, I'd always see a Dart go by as I was going up to catch the 24.

There *used* to be a Dart sitting in LTC, specifically for a 24 paddle that worked out of LTC, however they finally transferred that Dart last year to VTC.

Speaking of Darts... has anybody spotted 9091 in service?

They definitely have rotated one Dart at a time through LTC for this sheet, It doesn't have a specific paddle this time though, just goes wherever it can as a last resort bus. Had it one day for 11s because it was the only bus left.

That morning 12 switch from Darts to Low Floors would have been made for this sheet, it was having a ton of passups in the Fall.

You're right though, I don't recall LTC having had one for any of the past few sheets.

They definitely have rotated one Dart at a time through LTC for this sheet, It doesn't have a specific paddle this time though, just goes wherever it can as a last resort bus. Had it one day for 11s because it was the only bus left.

That morning 12 switch from Darts to Low Floors would have been made for this sheet, it was having a ton of passups in the Fall.

You're right though, I don't recall LTC having had one for any of the past few sheets.

I haven't been near LTC for a while. I used to know a driver so I'd be able to get a few pics inside the yard with him being around me for security/safety. However, I dont' know any LTC drivers no more.

9091 has been out last week, and must say the new colour really suit the Dart, more than any other model IMHO

Does Victoria have any refurbish Darts in the fleet?

Two posts before your post answers that question.

I caught 9088 and 9090 in Victoria back on February 22, 2010. But I believe these were moved away sometime after my images were captured. Here is a shot of 9090:

http://www.busdrawin...ictoria9090.jpg

And here is the image of 9088: http://www.busdrawings.com/Transit/Britishcolumbia/Victoria/2000dart/220210-7833victoria9088.jpg

Keep an eye out on the regular Dart routes, it is in service with the others now. Thursday or Friday morning saw it doing a 3 around 8am, 90 minutes later it was booked out a second time deadheading out to UVic with a different driver (not a mechanic).

Not quite a full refurb on this ex Whistler unit--still has a Balios sign;)

Two posts before your post answers that question.

I caught 9088 and 9090 in Victoria back on February 22, 2010. But I believe these were moved away sometime after my images were captured. Here is a shot of 9090:

http://www.busdrawin...ictoria9090.jpg

And here is the image of 9088: http://www.busdrawin...ictoria9088.jpg

I recall seeing them in one of Sidneytransitfan's videos.

What routes does the 9434 work on? Where is the best spot to take pictures of the 9434?

Anything. And at any terminus basically.

I think 9441-9446 are more special though :)

Keep an eye out on the regular Dart routes, it is in service with the others now. Thursday or Friday morning saw it doing a 3 around 8am, 90 minutes later it was booked out a second time deadheading out to UVic with a different driver (not a mechanic).

Not quite a full refurb on this ex Whistler unit--still has a Balios sign;)

I did see it leaving UVic as a Rt 12 today after all... packed full tho