Victoria Regional Transit System

• 2 weeks later...

A few spottings and notes from the yesterday and today during my short stay in Victoria:

A few buses that I noted at VTC, 8003 in her current wrap, Hybrid 9527, 9069 with rear bumber missing, 8023 with side panels missing from both sides with visible rusting on the structure on right side. Framing was rusted right through. Quick chat with a shop staff member reveals that 8023 is now retired due to frame rot.

Some in service spottings from today, 9037, 9039, 9434, 8012, 8013, 8022, 8020, 8027, 8029, 8030, repaint #'s 8064, 8048, 8103, 8114, 9815, 9816, 9818, 9820, 9821, 9822, 9823, 9884, 9885, 9889, 9068, 9070, 9071, 9073, 9074, 9077, 9078. And of course many of the 9320-9433 series Nova's. There was no shortage of those at all.

Edit - I forgot to mention that I spotted former Kelowna Hybrid #'s 9101, and 9103 both parked in the shops at VTC. I wonder if they've been transffered to Victoria? Maybe I missed that somewhere in an earlier post...

• 5 weeks later...

Surprised no one has mentioned it yet...there has been a ban on overtime since last Monday resulting from contract negotiation breakdown with BCT and CAW 333 (the second one), because of the unions disapproval of BCT's 5 Yaxing buses they want to bring on. As you only need a Class 4 to drive them, the union is afraid they will be used to replace conventinal work presumably on routes such as the #1, though Transit claims they would only replace shuttle routes, so no pieces of work would take a pay cut, though with the way Transit PR is handling this, who knows what their actual plans are.

Drivers have also been wearing streetclothes for 2 weeks now...very thankful they aren't doing anyfurther job action right now, their 72-hour strike notice was served weeks ago so they could do a full strike at any time. There are around 107 trip cancellations today, which makes for one of the largest days since the OT ban began.

Just a note here... I've been adding information about the HandyDART buses to the wiki, but it's entirely based on sightings. If anyone has more information on both current and past HandyDART buses, please post it to the wiki.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Victoria_Regional_Transit_System#HandyDART_.2ACurrently_incomplete.2A

Thanks

Just a note here... I've been adding information about the HandyDART buses to the wiki, but it's entirely based on sightings. If anyone has more information on both current and past HandyDART buses, please post it to the wiki.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki...y_incomplete.2A

Thanks

The Next Stop database has many of them, http://www.taylornoonan.com/nextstop/index.html as well as retired and transferred conventional vehicles not yet listed in the wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Today, I dropped by VTC to hand in my self-nomination form for the "Accessible Transit Advisory Committee" (ATAC) of BC Transit. Didn't see any OC Transpo deckers yet... but a lot of 2008 Enviros and 9528 were parked along the east/north walls. Upon my departure from VTC, a Vicinity bus pulled out of the yard. I didn't see a number on it... and it wasn't in the BC Transit livery, it was decaled up for 'Vicinity'

I tried to chase it with my truck to get some photos, but I got stuck in traffic and also got stuck at all the red lights, whereas the Vicinity didn't. I lost it... but just thought I'd post it so you folks know there is a Vicinity around.

Today, I dropped by VTC to hand in my self-nomination form for the "Accessible Transit Advisory Committee" (ATAC) of BC Transit. Didn't see any OC Transpo deckers yet... but a lot of 2008 Enviros and 9528 were parked along the east/north walls. Upon my departure from VTC, a Vicinity bus pulled out of the yard. I didn't see a number on it... and it wasn't in the BC Transit livery, it was decaled up for 'Vicinity'

I tried to chase it with my truck to get some photos, but I got stuck in traffic and also got stuck at all the red lights, whereas the Vicinity didn't. I lost it... but just thought I'd post it so you folks know there is a Vicinity around.

I'll keep an eye out for it this weekend when I'm over in Vic (Sat/Sun).

Chris Cassidy

• 1 month later...

New Fare Structure for the Victoria Regional Transit System has been released on BC Transit's website: http://www.bctransit...testupdates.cfm

Surprisingly... most of the changes are fares going down or an increase in savings for the customer... with the exception being children between the ages of 6-18 and seniors who will now need to pay a full $2.50 each... unless they're travelling with an adult passholder.

• 3 weeks later...