Victoria Regional Transit System

• 2 weeks later...

Today it was pointed out to me by a friend that an Arboc was inside Victoria Transit Centre. So I swung by to take a look, and sure enough, there was '2334' at VTC!

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

I also noticed that '8110' was missing most of its' blue stripe, and it appeared suspiciously shiny... maybe it's going to be repainted?

IMG_1481.JPG

A Dennis Trident was also inside the bodyshop, I believe it was 9009 but I couldn't get a good-enough quality shot to clarify this. The only number visible was on the side of the bus at the rear, there was no number on the rear at all.

I also noticed that '8110' was missing most of its' blue stripe, and it appeared suspiciously shiny... maybe it's going to be repainted?

IMG_1481.JPG

That's not the only thing that's missing - there are a few lights missing too, notably around the front wheel well.

I don't think so A. Aikman... 8110 is a 1998 New Flyer. BC Transit has yet to retire the 1992 flyers from Victoria. The 1991s for the most part have been moved to other systems. My guess is 8110 is going to be repainted.

Also, I spotted 9004 a few days ago at the East Wall of VTC, in a fresh paint job!

I don't think so A. Aikman... 8110 is a 1998 New Flyer. BC Transit has yet to retire the 1992 flyers from Victoria. The 1991s for the most part have been moved to other systems. My guess is 8110 is going to be repainted.

Also, I spotted 9004 a few days ago at the East Wall of VTC, in a fresh paint job!

8110 is a 1996. If it was a 1998 it would have been refurbished already ;)

Here's a random thought, maybe being prepared for sale?

Chris Cassidy

Did 8001 repainted?? What brand of new signs installed??

No, in the old livery still. I didn't get the chance to ask about brand of sign, and the control panel wasn't visible when I was inside the shop. I was actually there to deliver bulk wiring to be used on the job. Once it's back on the road I"ll try and scope it out.

the other 1991s got recycled Balios signs, could this be the case fro 8001 too?

Damnit... I was looking forward to seeing those repainted as well as the 9700's from the small communities which I don't think any have received the new colors either.

Gray Line did a number of refurbs on D40LFs, and Wilson's thus far has had 8069, 9705, and 9711. Will try and spot if any of these get new paint.