2011 Edmonton and Area Spottings

DE40LFR

dunno where this goes but i think this is stupid...some people dont have time to eat at home in the morning as long as they pick up after themselved

If you are caught eating while riding transit, you could be slapped with a $100 fine. according to CTV Edmonton

Leading to a truly horrific "Fine Dining" headline in the Edmonton Sun this morning.

I think there's a bylaw against no food and drink on the bus, but like every other bylaw here, it never gets enforced.

They are talking about raising the fines also.

Summer service changes are up, and it is once again hack and slash time at ETS. There is not a single service increase happening this sign up, and several routes are getting trips cut.

That's not surprising. I really wish they would increase the 596. What poor service for a big city. It's sickening.

It runs on Sunday and holidays with all the other "Sunday schedule" service. I was always a little disappointed that it didn't run on Saturday. Well that's ok because I have a vehicle now and am learning to drive it really quickly haha.

It runs on Sunday and holidays with all the other "Sunday schedule" service. I was always a little disappointed that it didn't run on Saturday. Well that's ok because I have a vehicle now and am learning to drive it really quickly haha.

The 596 should run from about 10:30 - 1730 every day in the summer. There was a demand for it a few years ago and I can't see the demand being any less now. There are moms and strollers at every turn of the head.

However, if the service isn't provided people are going to go else where and use other means.

Orion VII NG maybe... that would match up with the 12m description - they only really produce one bus now. :P

That's what I was thinking too, but the memo read OriOn I. Starting Monday June 27 out of Centennial. It wouldn't be an ETS publication without a mistake in it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After work I left by the Winspear exit. I proceeded to walk towards 97 street to catch a rte 5 or rte 135 when... lo and behold, a rte 5 turned west onto 102 Avenue making the Winspear stop. Wow, what good service :lol: There were no detours in place at the time either. Guess someone just made a wrong turn. :D

Again, people never learn and Westmount was full of festival goers. The stub bus was way behind schedule. At one point it didn't even show up at all. I think 'control' should just monitor the Westmount crowd and divert a (partially loaded) Calder bus every so often. This could work and no need for extra units or drivers.

• Board Admin

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLo...aspx?ID=1473734

City Hall looking at system-wide smart card for ETS

3:00am

Click here to email Scott Johnston

8/4/2011

The City of Edmonton's transportation department is bringing a prototype "smart card" in from the Toronto Transit Commission this fall in order to give city council and the capital region a demonstration of what the payment system for transit could look like.

Councillor Don Iveson is a major proponent for what would be a card that you'd swipe in front of a "reader' that says you've paid.

"We've been doing all kinds of due diligence," says Iveson. "In the meantime, the cost of some these system is coming down. I think we've waited long enough. I think the time is going to come this fall to seriously look at a smart card system for Edmonton and the region."

Iveson, who chairs the region's transportation committee, says it will look at basing fares on how far you travel, and whether you ride in off-peak hours. He suspects it will be a couple of years before a smart card system is fully implemented. (sj, ph)

Thought we already had a smart card system... so much for ETS Blue?