vicinity

Damaged or dead vehicles

Morning All, 

Number 8355 was damaged up at the Airport last night on the route 100. Apparently it turned into Bus Bay 8 too sharply and grazed against the concrete pillar near the back door. 

Sadly, I was unabridged to get a picture of the damage but I did find this reflector on the ground this morning. I believe it's from the edge of the back door.

20190815_071746.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blake M said:

Can't quite tell what unit it is, somewhere between 6050 and 6059 

Vehicle/block history Transit55 suggests it's either 6050, 6056 or 6058.

• Like 1

An unknown XD40 was involved in sort of accident around 3PM yesterday on 32nd Avenue above Deerfoot Trail. Fire department and police were on scene. 

Just now, TechSpotlight said:

7723 is left abandoned on 69 Street and 17 Avenue by Ernest Manning High School.  It's been sitting here since at least 10:00am.

20191008_122716.jpg

And it might still be there for quite a while yet...

Saw 8278 dead at the 93 stop by Strathcona Blvd and Bow Trail after completing a trip on the 699.  8059 was it's replacement for it's assignments on the Route 2.  Still there as of 17:30.

Someone wasn’t having a nice day like anticipated..... anyways 6078 was stuck in MacEwan this morning for hours.

C6151E04-78CB-4794-A30D-005F926D8229.jpeg

• Like 3

Apparently car 2010 had been in another accident that resulted in it ending up on the ground prior to March 27, 2002. This article is from November 11, 1982.

Nov 12 82.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Apparently car 2010 had been in another accident that resulted in it ending up on the ground prior to March 27, 2002. This article is from November 11, 1982.

Nov 12 82.PNG

What is with 7 Ave & 1 St. SE? The only two incidents I've witnessed have been there and it seems a whole lotta them are there too 😅

7941 might have been involved in some kind of collision. It was pulled over with hazards flashing on EB 5th Ave x 6th St. with a car stopped behind it. Around the corner, on NB 6th St, there were two visibly damaged cars — one facing the wrong way — flanked by a police car and a transit supervisor’s SUV, both with lights flashing. (Did not see any obvious damage on the bus as I passed, but I only saw it from the rear.)

8246 was involved in an accident on 60 Street and 80 Avenue NE while working Route 128. EDIT: It seems like it has been brought back into service at this point in time.

Edited by TechSpotlight