vicinity

Damaged or dead vehicles

5 hours ago, Blake M said:

7738 was abandoned on Crowchild Trail north of 5 Ave NW when I drove by around 2pm

Funny. I saw that thing on the MAX orange an hour ago.

18 hours ago, Blake M said:

7738 was abandoned on Crowchild Trail north of 5 Ave NW when I drove by around 2pm

Appears it was never actually dead. Given the schedule and the interline (from route 18 to max orange at brentwood), the operator likely stopped at the esso at that location, which is a common pitstop. The bus completed the service day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Appears it was never actually dead. Given the schedule and the interline (from route 18 to max orange at brentwood), the operator likely stopped at the esso at that location, which is a common pitstop. The bus completed the service day.

Huh. You're right. Just an odd place to park then (it was on the grass)

Anybody know what the heck happened with 8049 & 83?? (sorry I forgot the unit number on the Excelsior)

Looks like 8049 may have rear ended 83?? on 36st southbound at Rundle station sometime this afternoon. 

The really strange thing was that 8049 was parked near 16th Avenue / 36st with its front end smashed up! 

83?? Rear drivers corner was smashed up pretty good. 

Both buses will definitely be repaired.

14 minutes ago, LRT said:

Anybody know what the heck happened with 8049 & 83?? (sorry I forgot the unit number on the Excelsior)

Looks like 8049 may have rear ended 83?? on 36st southbound at Rundle station sometime this afternoon. 

The really strange thing was that 8049 was parked near 16th Avenue / 36st with its front end smashed up! 

83?? Rear drivers corner was smashed up pretty good. 

Both buses will definitely be repaired.

Ouch.  The 83xx XD40 you're refering to is most likely 8348, it and 8049 went out of service at around the same time.  8348 was also running a 33 block at that time.

13 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Ouch.  The 83xx XD40 you're refering to is most likely 8348, it and 8049 went out of service at around the same time.  8348 was also running a 33 block at that time.

8348 sounds familiar. I didn't have the chance to write down the unit numbers I tried to remember them. Bad memory!

I'm starting to wonder that bus may have been stolen! 

I just can't seeing an operator smacking into a bus and pulling over a kilometer away!

"Control I think I hit something but not sure"

• Haha 1

#8240 dead on southbound Deerfoot about 15 mins ago. Another XD40 was pulled up behind it in the shoulder lane.

Just saw 8281 dead on Bow Trail just east of Sarcee Trail.  Sign is off, hazards are flashing and no operator is seen around or in the vehicle. Transit55 displays this bus is 53 minutes late.

Morning All

I just saw ol' 7638 at McKnight-Westwinds. It looked and smelled like it was leaking diesel. Apologies for the poor picture but I was hopping onto the next 43 when I snapped this.

Hopefully it's back out soon. 

20190731_062925.jpg