• Announcements

• A. Wong

Saddened by loss of Winnipeg Transit driver   02/15/2017

We are saddened by the loss of Winnipeg Transit driver Irvine (Jubal) Fraser who was attacked while on the job and unfortunately passed away.
      A GoFundMe page has been set up by Winnipeg Transit colleagues to help Fraser's widow and family. We wish to extend our condolences to family and friends affected by this tragic event. View CBC News Article: Man charged with murder in attack on Winnipeg Transit driver
    • A. Wong

Upcoming Server Move   02/18/2017

Hello everyone! Please be advised that CPTDB and CPTDB Wiki will be unavailable starting the evening of February 25, 2017. We will be moving to another server. Users will be unable to view or post content during this time. We expect it to be up sometime on Feburary 26, 2017. A new announcement will take the place of this one, so you will know when the site is online and you are accessing it from the new server. Thanks! -A. Wong
      on behalf of CPTDB Admin
Issack

Damaged or dead vehicles

491 posts in this topic

Now I know why 6025 is in the body shop thanks to a tip from another member of this board: http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTV...hub=CalgaryHome . It will be out of service for a little while. Also, 7962 is also in the body shop and has a fresh new front cap on it.

That doesnt look good.

Spotted a 75xx being towed down John Laurie yesterday, did record the number but subsequently lost it (I think it was 7557 or 7575).

Spotted a 75xx being towed down John Laurie yesterday, did record the number but subsequently lost it (I think it was 7557 or 7575).

If it had a Bike Rack, then it was 7557, if not then maybe it was 7575. I did find 7577 at SG on the south fence freshly towed in, so maybe it was that one.

If it had a Bike Rack, then it was 7557, if not then maybe it was 7575. I did find 7577 at SG on the south fence freshly towed in, so maybe it was that one.

That was it, cant write the number down when I am driving so tried to remember it. Guess I am getting too old these days!!! :D

That was it, cant write the number down when I am driving so tried to remember it. Guess I am getting too old these days!!! B)

7522 dead on Edmonton Trail at 14th Ave at 17:50 this evening. Apparently even the hazard lights were broken.

1722 got wounded in an accident of some sort in the snowy weather on northbound Crowchild Tr. right by Brentwood Station. Damage looked pretty minor, missing it's left headlight now. Seems it was involved with a sedan which was being hooked up on the tow truck when I drove by.

Huh... I thought the 9 was shuttle all day on weekends..

Apparently not! I saw another 77XX on the 9 today as well at the louise bridge.

Sat and sun midday is big bus

Maybe there short shuttle bus drivers, so they stuck in a big bus driver in the spot, catch a key #?

Maybe there short shuttle bus drivers, so they stuck in a big bus driver in the spot, catch a key #?

No unfortunately. Balios signs are nearly impossible to see in the glare especially the key # box b/c i was travelling northbound on the bridge and the bus was going south.

1014 died on the Glenmore Trail ramp heading from MacLeod outside Chinook. Had to get towed from a flatbed. Was blocking traffic in the area for quite some time.

1608 died on Sarcee Trail right before the lights at Richmond Road. 6016 was blocking Bow Trail as it died on the hill up from Sarcee Trail.

Don't usually see so many dead buses.

7641 drive train pretty much disconnected on my school route today. We're going up a hill and there is just no power to the wheels like the driver put in in neutral or something.

8041 died on the route 8 north side of Brentwood at around 11:00 am yesterday 30th

Spotted a Nova on the hook southbound on 36th St. N.E. just south of Memorial Drive yesterday afternoon at about 12:45. I believe it was 8117, but I didn't get a close enough look to comfirm. This is the first time I have spotted a Nova being towed so far since we got them.

Spotted a Nova on the hook southbound on 36th St. N.E. just south of Memorial Drive yesterday afternoon at about 12:45. I believe it was 8117, but I didn't get a close enough look to comfirm. This is the first time I have spotted a Nova being towed so far since we got them.

8117 is a darker red then the rest thats a good way to pick it out along with 8102 as it has no decals on the doors lol

Not quite dead but 7537 was at Dalhousie last night while I was waiting for my 143, and it sounded horrible. Major knocking sound and spewing a lot of dark exhaust while it was idling.

Saw a 1st gen 75XX dead westbound Northland Drive at Shaganappi...

It died?? What happened??

Just noticed the response! It had binding brakes with smoke coming off the rear wheels.