Damaged or dead vehicles

vicinity

55 minutes ago, JK-from-YYC said:

Couldn't catch the unit number (dark out + I was on the opposite side of the road) but a D60LFR broke down on SB Deerfoot Trail last night.

Also it looks like 6082 was on the 3 when it broke down.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 9.15.32 AM.png

I highly doubt it’s been sitting there since last night so I’m going to assume T55 didn’t pick it up when it started this morning.

1 hour ago, JK-from-YYC said:

Saw an interesting repair on 7779 yesterday... That's duct tape on the light fixture, apologies for the strap trying to block the shot.

Pretty common with vehicles at CT.  I do recall quite a few 7600s had various parts held on by duct tape as well.  It may look a little bit crappy, but hey it saves money!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, downbeat said:

Is it just me … or does that look like some kind of Nova stuck/stalled here?

It definitely is which isn't surprising considering the city is a mess especially the Harvest Hills bus trap got about a quarter of the fleet up there currently

Screenshot_20220419-173917_Chrome.jpg

20220419_163517.jpg

• Like 3

More photos of chaos at Centre street near the trap: from what I saw, some bonehead driver got stuck in the trap, 6071 (744) almost slid into a car, 6089 (301) slid into the curb beside the gate and blocked the whole road, then half the fleet piled up behind this circus. THEN 6069 (301) got stuck on SB harvest hills blvd on the other side of the trap and made even more havoc.

9672A55C-EA56-4025-B091-99506A395E2E.jpeg

E23EF3E7-3667-4669-8CB1-1E50BF3F82F7.jpeg

BF03426B-1F51-46F8-AC7E-4FA9863DC11E.jpeg

3C47F24D-9EFF-404A-ACFA-1B3570B432D2.jpeg

C8DFA184-52F3-4F23-93C7-848AAA5486D3.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Not really damaged or dead... 

During the summer its extremely common to see buses with the engine cover open due to the engines overheating.  Even outside the summer its still perfectly normal to see buses driving around with the engine cover open.

Not necessarily.

Sometimes the support struts that support the lid are weak and the bus hits a bump the lid flys open. 

It’s rare that these buses over heat and if they do it’s because of a mechanical issue. 

1 hour ago, TechSpotlight said:

During the summer its extremely common to see buses with the engine cover open due to the engines overheating.  Even outside the summer its still perfectly normal to see buses driving around with the engine cover open.

Rules and procedures strictly prohibitted operators from doing this. In fact, operators are prohibitted from opening the back hatch period for any reason. I am a victim of this policy and procedure myself.

LRT is correct. 80-90% of time the time, operators have no idea that their hatch is open. Luckily, newer buses have L Key locks. Another 5-10% of it is mechanics driving it back to the garage with the hatch open as a result if a mechanical issue and the other 5-10% is operators trying to get rid of a hot engine light, which they shouldnt worry about unless there is loss of power, check engine light or stop engine light which is almost never the case. At the end of the day it won’t do anything. The only thing that will get it going is getting the coolant flowing again which often times is running your body heat or running your body fans  for a period of time. I have ran a bus with a hot engine light on for the most part of 8 hours. End terminal, get everyone off my bus and run my heaters to clear it for a bit…and repeat.