Damaged or dead vehicles

vicinity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Blake M said:

7738 was abandoned on Crowchild Trail north of 5 Ave NW when I drove by around 2pm

Appears it was never actually dead. Given the schedule and the interline (from route 18 to max orange at brentwood), the operator likely stopped at the esso at that location, which is a common pitstop. The bus completed the service day.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gsgeek540 said:

Appears it was never actually dead. Given the schedule and the interline (from route 18 to max orange at brentwood), the operator likely stopped at the esso at that location, which is a common pitstop. The bus completed the service day.

Huh. You're right. Just an odd place to park then (it was on the grass)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what the heck happened with 8049 & 83?? (sorry I forgot the unit number on the Excelsior)

Looks like 8049 may have rear ended 83?? on 36st southbound at Rundle station sometime this afternoon. 

The really strange thing was that 8049 was parked near 16th Avenue / 36st with its front end smashed up! 

83?? Rear drivers corner was smashed up pretty good. 

Both buses will definitely be repaired.

14 minutes ago, LRT said:

Anybody know what the heck happened with 8049 & 83?? (sorry I forgot the unit number on the Excelsior)

Looks like 8049 may have rear ended 83?? on 36st southbound at Rundle station sometime this afternoon. 

The really strange thing was that 8049 was parked near 16th Avenue / 36st with its front end smashed up! 

83?? Rear drivers corner was smashed up pretty good. 

Both buses will definitely be repaired.

Ouch.  The 83xx XD40 you're refering to is most likely 8348, it and 8049 went out of service at around the same time.  8348 was also running a 33 block at that time.

13 minutes ago, TechSpotlight said:

Ouch.  The 83xx XD40 you're refering to is most likely 8348, it and 8049 went out of service at around the same time.  8348 was also running a 33 block at that time.

8348 sounds familiar. I didn't have the chance to write down the unit numbers I tried to remember them. Bad memory!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...