Damaged or dead vehicles

vicinity

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unit 7921 involved in a major accident with a pickup truck and the Monarch Condo building near the McKenzie Towne Terminal. Several fire units involved.

Bus was on Route 153. Happened at McKenzie Towne Link and McKenzie Towne Gate SE. Pickup truck ran a stop sign.

Relaying from an external source who witnessed the accident.

• 2 weeks later...

6054 dead on Centre Street around 2nd Avenue. Operator reports he's out of fuel... How does that happen?

Had low fuel light going outbound which appears to be caused by a leak. Was scheduled to have a change off in the core but was mere blocks away when it died. Buses are supposed to have 100km after the low fuel light comes on.

The bus gods frowned on me last night. Had 8189 and it lost power while at the airport. Had to limp it out of the bay and couldn't go above 8kph. They sent me 8285 and as I approached the airport 90 minutes later the interlocking came on hard as I was stopping at a set of lights. Thankfully no passengers were on board but she wouldn't move after that and I ended up with 8291. Thankfully that one got me home.

Had low fuel light going outbound which appears to be caused by a leak. Was scheduled to have a change off in the core but was mere blocks away when it died. Buses are supposed to have 100km after the low fuel light comes on.

IIRC, 2nd Avenue would've been on the hill, or at the crest of it. If the air system would remain charged, and no stops on the way down, could he have coasted into the core? ;-)

IIRC, 2nd Avenue would've been on the hill, or at the crest of it. If the air system would remain charged, and no stops on the way down, could he have coasted into the core? ;-)

If he was going outbound, he would have been going up the hill. I would imagine it would be difficult, and quite dangerous, to coast in reverse back into the core. Especially in an articulated bus.

If he was going outbound, he would have been going up the hill. I would imagine it would be difficult, and quite dangerous, to coast in reverse back into the core. Especially in an articulated bus.

Low fuel light came on during the trip outbound. Change off was supposed to at 6x2 when it came back inbound. Bus died at centre x 2 inbound.

Probably coulda coasted somewhere a little more convenient than the edge of the bridge. The far side of fourth or fifth woulda been nice. I hear it took "several" minutes for his new bus because they went 10 street to 16 ave to centre to meet the bus...rather then bringing the new bus a block or 2 away and "walk to the bus"

4 minutes ago, BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:

8179 dead downtown just a bit past the time point on 9th Ave. and Centre Street this afternoon.  It was replaced with bus 8154 and the tow truck showed up to take 8179 away just as I was departing on my trip on the 300.

Any idea which key it was?

• 1 month later...

Had to leave 8190 on the side of Deerfoot tonight, hazmat had to attend a bad leak. Had to crawl under the rear of the bus to deploy the spill kit... grumble, grumble. What was really, really bad was that it was out of hand sanitizer so couldn't clean  myself up afterwards... grumble, grumble. Starting to wonder what is so charming about buses!!!