James

Our friend, Peter Cox, is in the hospital

If you know Peter, he is one of the nicest people around. To me he is a friend, Mentor and educator. Unfortunatly tonight, i found out that he has been moved over to the Misecordia Hospital here in Edmonton. He will more than likely be there over the holidays. If you know him, I am sure he would love some visitors. Call the hospital to find out which area he is in and when he can have visitors. I do not know why he is in but as most of you know, his health has not been the best since he had a stroke many years ago.

I'm hoping to set some time aside on Christmas day to visit him myself.

I visited Peter today at the Misecordia. he is on the 7th floor.

Peter needs a knee replacement. he has fallen 3 times in the past bit including down the stairs which has led him to this hospital stay. it is unknown how long he will be in there but he cannot walk at this time on his own. They have to assist him.

He is in pretty good spirits. He has had a few visitors. He asked me to update him on the hybrids and stuff and was pleased to know they still suck! had a good conversation on the streetcar business coming to edmonton. oops i mean low floor lrt. He found it amusing that they are bringing these in after getting rid of the visual polution of trolley wires.

If you are going to visit him, visiting hours are from 9am to 8pm except from 230-430 daily as where he is, they have a resting time during that time.

Tell him I said 'Hi' and to have a knee for me while he's at it.

Will do!

Glad to hear he is doing alright and thanks for the updates.

No probs at all. Im going to probably go visit him again this weekend sometime or Monday at the latest.

James,

Have you heard from Peter at all? I am wodnering if he is back home yet or not.

I don't believe he is as he hasnt called. I was hoping to get up to see him soon. My problem is i now work 7 days a week so its hard for me to visit.

Mention of Peter reminds me of another key ERRS figure, Don Bearham. Has anyone heard from him lately? I met him once, at Fort Edmonton in 1989, he showed me around the carbarn, took almost an hour.

Mention of Peter reminds me of another key ERRS figure, Don Bearham. Has anyone heard from him lately? I met him once, at Fort Edmonton in 1989, he showed me around the carbarn, took almost an hour.

Don Bearham passed away several years ago.

Don Bearham passed away several years ago.

you beat me to it Terry.

I understand Peter is still in the hospital waiting surgery for his knee. Monday is his Peter's 73rd birthday so im going to pop down to the hospital for a visit.

Im heading to visit Peter today as it is his Birthday.

On January 24th Peter was transfered to the Glenrose Rehabilitation hospital.

I believe that means he did get his knee replacement but will let everyone know how he is.

Im heading to visit Peter today as it is his Birthday.

On January 24th Peter was transfered to the Glenrose Rehabilitation hospital.

I believe that means he did get his knee replacement but will let everyone know how he is.

Hope all goes well for him.

Just got back from a short but nice visit with Peter. He has moved to the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital in section 4A.

He had his knee replaced sometime jan 15-20th. he was moved to the rehab hospital on the 24th. He believes he will be there for about 2 weeks.

He is doing pretty good. gets spasms in his leg right now that hurt a lot but he says things are going quite well. He appreciates all the comments passed on to him. Unfortunatly he doesnt have a phone in his room but if you go visit, the hospital is open 11-8 for visitations.

Forgot to mention, however you can Email Peter if you know his address. he has a bit of computer access at the hospital.

RIP to the Legendary man who takes good old bus photos, none of this today's buses! May I ask how old he was?