YRT/Viva Repaints and Refurbishments

hey since it's the beginning of january, and the new livery is suppose to start appearing on the buses so please post your sightings of these buses carrying the new livery here. apparently some people on thsi board have already seen the new livery on buses. :P

Who saw the new livery?

Who saw the new livery?

i dunno i heard that some one has seen the new livery already, i haven't and i live near centre, which majority the buses travel along to get to finch from the vaughan yard, so i would probably have a better chance spotting one, but i haven't seen one yet. i wonder if YRT-Guys has seen the new livery on the buses yet?

2028 sitting at shop today. I don't think it's ready yet though as no YRT decals. Notice the Silver/Chrome Rims!

(PS. Sorry for the pics... I used my camera phone and it was very sunny today)

SSPX0040.jpg

SSPX0041.jpg

SSPX0042.jpg

SSPX0043.jpg

SSPX0044.jpg

2028 sitting at shop today. I don't think it's ready yet though as no YRT decals. Notice the Silver/Chrome Rims!

AHHH!!! MY EYES!!!!!!! :D lol, those rims are sure shiney! :P, intresting how they did it with a orion I first, i guess it is the test experiment :P

That looks reallllllllly ugly right now...

Probably why they used a crap Orion 1 to do the paint job on.. to see how it looked. And it doesn't even look "blue". It looks more turquoise like a blue-green.

That phone doesn't help either :lol:

We need to get YRT-Guy a real camera!

LOL.. I have one.. a 5.1megapixel. I take AMAZING pictures.. Haven't you seen them??? It's just I don't take my camera with me anywhere except when I go up north. Anyone near the Miller yard you'll see it right on Miller Ave at the shops bus parking area but, take your camera with! LOL

I'm gonna assume that the buse is painted perminantly like that?! Pretty sure thats not awaiting a paint job....looks shiny to me! Odd they wont have any white on the livery I guess...

You know I was thinking last night. I don't think that the way 2028 is painted is the final scheme. Look at all the units they have repainted into the ghost white! I'm sure they would not have repainted all those other ones plain white if they were not going to do something with them. What do you all think?

You know I was thinking last night. I don't think that the way 2028 is painted is the final scheme. Look at all the units they have repainted into the ghost white! I'm sure they would not have repainted all those other ones plain white if they were not going to do something with them. What do you all think?

Don't tell me they're just gonna wrap the roof and be done with it! :lol:

i think that 2028 may of been getting rust proof coating on the body :lol:, yea i think the livery is gonna have white...well jsut have to see,

LOL.. I have one.. a 5.1megapixel. I take AMAZING pictures.. Haven't you seen them??? It's just I don't take my camera with me anywhere except when I go up north. Anyone near the Miller yard you'll see it right on Miller Ave at the shops bus parking area but, take your camera with! LOL

I was at Miller this morning...

#2028, still sitting there. I was only able to get a driver side shot, because there was an SLF on the other side...

Does anyone know what the number of that D40 is? Its missing quite alot of parts....probably awaiting scrap. Also, is #2027 still in service? It was sitting alone at Miller, in the corner, still in Markham livery...

#2028, still sitting there. I was only able to get a driver side shot, because there was an SLF on the other side...

Does anyone know what the number of that D40 is? Its missing quite alot of parts....probably awaiting scrap. Also, is #2027 still in service? It was sitting alone at Miller, in the corner, still in Markham livery...

ohh j.boic just reminded me of something, why aren't the miller buses all in YRT livery or at least white? like why are there miller buses with the ex-markham livery still on, while at vaughan all the buses are in YRT livery or the ghost scheme

IIRC the D40 should be 8911 if it was still in Richmond Hill livery since its the only one I know left there. I think 2027 should still be in service, its 2024 which I haven't seen for a while.

IIRC the D40 should be 8911 if it was still in Richmond Hill livery since its the only one I know left there. I think 2027 should still be in service, its 2024 which I haven't seen for a while.

Same here, I'm close to deeming that bus retired.

2027 might be the next oen for refurbishment, 2029 I don't know if it would survive for any longer, it was pretty bad on 2A yesterday night (with my Thursday driver driving that bus).

Same here, I'm close to deeming that bus retired.

2027 might be the next oen for refurbishment, 2029 I don't know if it would survive for any longer, it was pretty bad on 2A yesterday night (with my Thursday driver driving that bus).

With the way new bus allocations are with YRT, chances are even if 2029 is in bad shape they may have to keep it anyways. Tomakjian always gets the most out of a new bus order particularly D40LFs.