Translink Christmas Bus Spottings

Enviro 500

1 hour ago, buizelbus said:

Were you the guy there running around by UBC? I saw you. I was watching them take it off too.

2 hours ago, Ricky0119 said:

For unkown reason, the right side horn of the 9543 was broken and now they decide to  take it off.

I thought Christmas was a time to be with family not jerking it to buses missing antlers. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

A new antler was been installed. It was back out around 14:00. Unlike previous years, the reindeer bus was used until New Years Eve. It has had very positive reviews on social media. Unfortunately, we went through four antler incidents this year. The lights, nose, and antlers are coming off, and 9543 will be returned to the herd by the end of the week.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Express691 said:

During a tour at VTC last week, Maintenance department said that they don't wanna re-fit another bus to be the reindeer unit, so the *likely* solution is to bring back 9543 for the season.

Why don't they just leave 9543 in Richmond while it's a reindeer bus for a change?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pepperman said:

There will be a new Rudolph this year. 9543 has been put out to pasture to roam around Richmond.

14 hours ago, Express691 said:

During a tour at VTC last week, Maintenance department said that they don't wanna re-fit another bus to be the reindeer unit, so the *likely* solution is to bring back 9543 for the season.

Clarify: bring back 9543 from richmond

On 6/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, pepperman said:

it will be an LB31 bus. Santa has to go hybrid this year. It will be numbered 18XXX.

18330 entered revenue service on Christmas Day (December 25, 2018), which makes it sound like a deserving candidate to me... 

• Haha 1