Enviro 500

Translink Christmas Bus Spottings

Please post all sightings of the 2010 Translink Christmas "Reindeer" Bus in this post! Seems like the Reindeer Bus, V9715, is getting her chances to run around, perhaps in the snow sooner or later, through this upcoming Christmas Season!

V9715 spotted on 5/6 run-20 today!

All the photos are posted under a new collection: Translink Christmas Reindeer Bus Most of the photos are night-shots and night-panned photos!

Enjoy!

Dave

The nose has been improved slightly from last year. It doesn't look as much like a penis.

LOL, yes, they did a surgery on the nose so it's short and more rounded at the end! :(

Else, Rudolph has new set of eyes! Now it's crossed in the centre, as opposed to hanging on the sides!

And finally, the exterior and interior decorating lights actually work!!!

For some reasons, rudolph likes to be accompanied by trolleybuses! :blink: Last year, I caught her on the 17.......yesterday, she was out on a 17, and today she was out on 5/6!

Dave

Rudolph chillin' in VTC this afternoon..........lucky (and lazy) bus, avoiding the ugly weather and the fanatic drivers on the road in bad weather conditions! :P

For those who really want to see the Reindeer Bus, she will most likely be used on this upcoming Sunday in the Santa Claus Parade in downtown Vancouver. More information can be found HERE.

And on a somewhat relevant topic, BC Transit decorated their Reindeer Bus and there is one photo available on their facebook page.

Dave

Rudolph was chillin' at VTC as of noon today, and sat at the same spot at around 6:30pm when I was driving back to Richmond over Arthur Laing Bridge...........so, I guess Rudolph will only come out and play for rush hours ONLY if the weather is nice. ;)

Dave

Riding S300 on the C28 right now. Inside of the bus is all decked out for Christmas and there's even a Christmas music station playing B)

Photos, some of my most beautiful shuttle shots, to come tonight.

Chris Cassidy

Here's my extensive collection of photos taken of S300 tonight in the pouring rain.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chsscassidy/s...ith/5242663561/

These are probably some of the best shuttle photos I have EVER taken B)

I must thank the driver for being so kind and spreading the good cheer the reindeer bus brings to the communities it serves.

Chris Cassidy

Here's my extensive collection of photos taken of S300 tonight in the pouring rain.

These are probably some of the best shuttle photos I have EVER taken B)

I must thank the driver for being so kind and spreading the good cheer the reindeer bus brings to the communities it serves.

Chris Cassidy

While I would like to say that I have seen better shuttle photos from you in the past, I would nevertheless like to extend my compliments: good work! :D

Dave

While I would like to say that I have seen better shuttle photos from you in the past, I would nevertheless like to extend my compliments: good work! B)

Dave

Where's 9715? Oh yeah, B/O'd like a typical Nova ;)

Maybe they should reindeer-ize more shuttles next year instead of the Nova :D

Chris Cassidy

Where's 9715? Oh yeah, B/O'd like a typical Nova :D

Maybe they should reindeer-ize more shuttles next year instead of the Nova B)

Chris Cassidy

I think they need a trolley! Maybe 2147........the Halloween Fireworks bus ;)

9715 isn't BOed.......in fact, it's not parked on the BO track at all......it's just afraid of either your crazy paparazzi efforts or Translink Fan's hugging crusade, or both :P

Dave

I think they need a trolley! Maybe 2147........the Halloween Fireworks bus B)

Dave

Actually, Shuttle Queen and I were discussing this. Why DOESN'T VTC do a Trolley and BTC do a Nova? That way when there's the toy drives they still have a diesel.

Chris Cassidy

I thought V9715 was one of the reindeer buses or something. no?

Yes its a reindeer bus, but why would it be doing service in Surrey? Makes no sense. Quite a long drive from VTC to Surrey.

Yes its a reindeer bus, but why would it be doing service in Surrey? Makes no sense. Quite a long drive from VTC to Surrey.

Probably something to do with the fact that CMBC's HQ is located at Gateway Station..........either that, or perhaps a food or toy drive for some local organizations.

Dave