Rally For Rails | December 5th 12-1PM

Having lived in this Region all my life and working in transit for 30 yrs, I would say that there is no evidence that residents would "flock to high quality transit."

If you think that there has been high-quality transit here in those 30 years, well, you need to get out more. And if you think people don't flock to higher-quality transit, maybe you should drive or ride the iXpress sometime (between Conestoga and Fairview).

Having lived in this Region all my life and working in transit for 30 yrs, I would say that there is no evidence that residents would "flock to high quality transit."

You didn't actually answer his question. We've never had high-quality transit before (except maybe the iXpress, which is constantly overcapacity), and your anecdotal argument from authority isn't evidence.

If we would build a LRT system, on street level, you have a train vs auto collision.

Now what? You have the system brought to a standstill.

Okay, build a bus bridge!! Right.....with our system continously short of buses, where, during peak service, do you find enough buses and drivers to build the bridge to maintain service.

Are you aware of the tripling of GRT funding over the next 20 years?

There won't be many accidents you'll say.

Until it is actually said, please don't put words in people's mouths.