Southland Transportation

BCT-3122-D800-10240

I am surprised BCT-3122-D800-10240 hasn't posted this so I will.

Last weekend, while out with BCT-3122-D800-10240 I should mention, spotted Classic 3931 at the Highbury yard, this is ex Victoria 944.

Yeah switching to day shifts at work as of this past Monday has nearly killed me this week after working for about a year an a half on late evening shifts. Now I start at 0520 in the AM. Anyways, I actually came to this thread to post about this bus and found the post from 'D40LF'. :P Anyways, here's a partial image of 3931: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vehicle-images/5540433809/

Highbury yard.

That's Highfield yard which to Southland, it's known as the "North Yard"!

I guess we need to keep an eye out for 3927 or higher, I wonder if it will be renumbered with the ex FMT Classics, surmising that they will be kept for service.

And recently I spotted an International Corbeil for Southland numbered 3928 and as seen in other posts, Ex-Victoria #944 is now Southland #3931. Also to note, I noticed Ex-Fort McMurray 1990 Classic (Originally Salt Lake City) #1999 has vanished and I am betting that bus is now in the body shop or something being worked on. Or was that #1998 that was missing? I forget which it was now.

• 4 weeks later...
BCT-3122-D800-10240 said:
That's Highfield yard which to Southland, it's known as the "North Yard"! And recently I spotted an International Corbeil for Southland numbered 3928 and as seen in other posts, Ex-Victoria #944 is now Southland #3931. Also to note, I noticed Ex-Fort McMurray 1990 Classic (Originally Salt Lake City) #1999 has vanished and I am betting that bus is now in the body shop or something being worked on. Or was that #1998 that was missing? I forget which it was now.

#1999 is now back from the body shop. Most noticable are the freshly painted wheel rims. See attached photo as well as the attached photo of 3931 pretty much ready to go, but still does not have the Southland livery added to it yet.

100411_06634southland1999.jpg 100411_06633southland3931.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1999 was running the Rockyview Shuttle today. Still painted in white. Here's a not so good quality picture.

That's interesting... what hours does that shuttle run? I think I saw that bus on Blackfoot/9th Ave around noon yesterday.

xqc13 said:
That's interesting... what hours does that shuttle run? I think I saw that bus on Blackfoot/9th Ave around noon yesterday.

They run right into the late night. On my last trip through on my rte 20 at 2328, i see the shuttle running. But I never see a Classic on it. This is due to the shift change between the drivers when the new shift driver brings a bus out from the shop to start in service and the other one goes back into the shop. The evening driver usually has the Sprinter.

They run right into the late night. On my last trip through on my rte 20 at 2328, i see the shuttle running. But I never see a Classic on it. This is due to the shift change between the drivers when the new shift driver brings a bus out from the shop to9 start in service and the other one goes back into the shop. The evening driver usually has the Sprinter.

Usually 3924 is the Classic on the run during the day, but I see a Spinter duirng the day on there at times. It's the first time I've seen 1999 on it and I noticed it from really far away as the small destination sign looked really out of place compared to all the other CT or Southland Classics in Calgary. The shuttle is for Rockyview Hospital Employees that park their car at Heritage Park instead of at the Hospital and basically loops around all day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

#1999 was spotted downtown yesterday evening at around 1650 turning left from eastbound 10th Ave. to north bound MacLeod Trail. Apparently they are using a few of these Classics for the Mustard Seed charters.

For those hoping to get photos of #3931, it seems to be used regularly on some sort of run from Chinook Station at about 1625 during the weekday afternoons.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, a bit before noon, 'D40LF' and myself spotted 1999 headed south on Blackfoot Trail near the Truck stop. Then a bit later, we spotted 1998, 1999, and 3931 all headed north on Blackfoot Trail at the same location. In the afternoon, I noticed that the charter or shuttle route that 3931 normally operates on out of the Chinook CTrain Station, had one of Southlands International IC CE school buses operating on it instead of 3931. I am not sure what service this route provides.

On that note, has anyone seen what is operating on the Rockyview Hospital Parking lot shuttle lately during the weekday peak periods?

Yesterday, a bit before noon, 'D40LF' and myself spotted 1999 headed south on Blackfoot Trail near the Truck stop. Then a bit later, we spotted 1998, 1999, and 3931 all headed north on Blackfoot Trail at the same location. In the afternoon, I noticed that the charter or shuttle route that 3931 normally operates on out of the Chinook CTrain Station, had one of Southlands International IC CE school buses operating on it instead of 3931. I am not sure what service this route provides.

On that note, has anyone seen what is operating on the Rockyview Hospital Parking lot shuttle lately during the weekday peak periods?

In Late August 3924 and 3925 were being used for the Rovkyview shuttle.