Unstoppable

Bus_Medic

Me and a friend of mine were actually discussing the director's (Tony Scott) obsession with trains a couple of days ago :D . There was also another scene in Enemy of the State (also directed by Mr. Scott) where Will Smith and Gene Hackman were going through a freight train yard and across a very active right of way while being chased by FBI agents. (I think that's how it went :P )

The true incident it was based off of was on 5/15/2001 when CSX 8888 and 47 cars ran away from Toledo with no engineer on board.

Yeah, looks interesting. Apparently inspired by a true incident. With remake of Pelham 123, is Denzel Washington a closet train enthusiest?

Normally it would, but the alerter was inactivated that day as 8888 was going to be used for a transfer of cars IIRC.

Wouldn't this be mostly imposable? Wouldn't the alerter go off after the controls hadn't been moved and apply the emergency breaks? Am I wrong? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Unstoppable yesterday; pretty good movie. It seemed to have borrowed a scene from the movie "Runaway Train". Plus this is the first time since 1976 that a movie had a runaway train led by two CP locomotives painted and lettered for a fictional railroad.

I saw Unstoppable yesterday; pretty good movie. It seemed to have borrowed a scene from the movie "Runaway Train". Plus this is the first time since 1976 that a movie had a runaway train led by two CP locomotives painted and lettered for a fictional railroad.

I'll eventually see it ... but until then I'm jokingly calling it "Snakes on a Train"

• Board Admin

Heh I noticed those CP colors in a trailer I saw.

I will be seeing this movie next week.

I thought the movie was ok, the acting in it was pretty good and same with the action and the special effects, but I still can’t wrap my head around all of the inaccuracies that should have been very simple to do correctly regarding railway operation.. Like in the scene close to the end where he tells the operator to apply the independent brake on the engine and he clearly applies the automatic!!! Though if you havn't seen it yet, I do recomend going to see it.